Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would seriously like to know when shark racing is going to sell the DRL's for the 2011 Sonata. I am getting impatient waiting and waiting :whistling:

·
Registered
246 Posts
QUOTE (SE2011 @ Nov 4 2010, 11:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369110
I would seriously like to know when shark racing is going to sell the DRL's for the 2011 Sonata. I am getting impatient waiting and waiting :whistling:
I posted on another thread about this. We're developing new DRL LEDs, and will be selling them hopefully by the end of the year.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh my ... the end of the year. That's going to hurt.

Are they going to be the same set up as the one AYCES has now or something totally different?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I believe they will be like Acyes but with a module that disables the stock DRL and allows you to connect the LED as DRL. Shark may sell you just the lights if you want to just hook it up yourself to a power source like Acyes did.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yup, I have Paypal fired up right now waiting for these... I hate the ugly yellow DRLs in the headlights. If these LEDs are white, it's exactly what I want...

·
Registered
603 Posts
This was boogyman's response in the other thread:

QUOTE (boogyman @ Nov 2 2010, 10:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368553
We should have them available for sale before the end of the year, assuming there aren't any unforseen problems.

The kit will most likely be priced at around US$200 shipped, and will most likely include a plug and play wiring harness that will allow you to use the LEDs as DRLs and optionally as turn signal indicators. The wiring harness will also have factory DRL-delete built-in, so that the original high beam DRL will be disabled.
He later said in another post that they can be used on cars with or without factory fog lights.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Patience is a virtue... ? :innocent:

I know, I know, I'm not one to talk. :whistling:

·
Registered
589 Posts
So that module should disable DRLs (if desired) but leave high-beams enabled??? And hopefully by 'plug and play' they don't mean splicing the factory wiring with those push-in tabs that pierce the insulation, like many vendors do. 'Plug and play' means just disconnecting and reconnecting connectors, that's it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
QUOTE (elp_jc @ Nov 5 2010, 07:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369331
So that module should disable DRLs (if desired) but leave high-beams enabled??? And hopefully by 'plug and play' they don't mean splicing the factory wiring with those push-in tabs that pierce the insulation, like many vendors do. 'Plug and play' means just disconnecting and reconnecting connectors, that's it.
The DRL-delete module will be completely plug and play. You just need to take out the headlight connector from the headlight, and put our connector, which has the same male and female connecotrs, in between the headlight and main headlight wiring harness.

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Nov 5 2010, 03:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369318
You just dont want anyone else having the same setup as you soo soon. Hehe jk
Not that I think anything is wrong with the lights that I got, but I would wager that the shark ones might be a bit better.

I'm guessing it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (boogyman @ Nov 6 2010, 01:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369405
The DRL-delete module will be completely plug and play. You just need to take out the headlight connector from the headlight, and put our connector, which has the same male and female connecotrs, in between the headlight and main headlight wiring harness.
Good newson that front, but are there any other wires (like for power, ground, etc), and do any of them require a splice? Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
QUOTE (boogyman @ Nov 6 2010, 01:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369405

Hey Boogyman, I saw the fiberglass cover for the fog lights on your site which looked pretty cool. Would the LED fogs you are working on work with these?

http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/sho...;cate=012101000

Just installed HID headlights, would love to add some LED fogs as DRL's

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hy Boogeyman,

You have an angry MOB here waiting patiently for these DRL's. Christmas is coming and "WE WANT DRL's" :w00t:

Can we get some sort of feedback on the ETA for these lights. I remember you saying by the end of the year, well we are getting close my friend.

Also, I wanted to ask you want the installation will be like once we get the DRL's. Are we going to have to remove the bumper or is it going to be an easy installation.

·
Registered
246 Posts
QUOTE (SE2011 @ Dec 7 2010, 11:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=377783
Hy Boogeyman,

You have an angry MOB here waiting patiently for these DRL's. Christmas is coming and "WE WANT DRL's" :w00t:

Can we get some sort of feedback on the ETA for these lights. I remember you saying by the end of the year, well we are getting close my friend.

Also, I wanted to ask you want the installation will be like once we get the DRL's. Are we going to have to remove the bumper or is it going to be an easy installation.
Well, we still have three weeks left. Installation should be pretty simple. I have to check, but I'm pretty sure you will be able to install without taking off the bumper. You *may* have to remove the foglights, for the wiring to pass through, but I'll let everyone know about this as well.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Are these ready to order yet? Tax refund season is coming to help with my mods....

·
Registered
246 Posts
QUOTE (armycop @ Dec 19 2010, 02:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381461
Are these ready to order yet? Tax refund season is coming to help with my mods....
LOL... guys, I've been saying the end of this month since the beginning. We still have ten days to go, Everything is right on schedule, the actual lights are due to come out on the 23rd from the factory, and our wiring harness is being manufactured right now.

The wiring harness basically has three functions, and everything is basically just plug and play.

1. The OEM DRL will be deleted, and high beam will still work normally when you click the headlight switch to the high beam position.
2. The LED DRL will be true DRLs, so that they will come on with the ignition, PLUS, they will stay on even with the headlights.
3. Optionally, we have these connected to the turn signals, so that they will blink with the turn signals and then turn back on when the turn signal has been turned off.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts