Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an eye on the new Tuscon for a while now and fell in love after a test drive. All of my local Hyundai dealers here in NY have almost non in stock and I get a dumb look from them when I ask if more will be coming. I went through this 3 years ago when shopping for my Santa Fe ! You can't special order and trying to find the color combo you want is almost impossible ! It's very frustrating walking into a dealership ready to spend a load of dough and they tell you.........uh well........Green is a close color to White etc...... I don't understand why Hyundai don't take special orders ?
I'm looking for a white GLS which seems to be the hardest to find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can sympathize. My preference was a Graphite Gray GLS FWD with the Popular Equipment Package. I'm on the East Coast and two different dealers said that there was not a single Tucson like that in the eastern half of the United States!

The dealers are obviously using the short supply to their advantage. I was told that $500 over invoice was their bottom line.

Luckily my local dealer had a Graphite Gray FWB Limited tucked away off the lot, being used as a service loaner. It had 2,200 miles on it but was in like-new condition. I was able to use the mileage to negotiate a good price so I ended up paying only a little more for what a GLS w/ the Equipment Package would have cost (if they had found one!).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny ! ..........Graphite Gray is my second choice. Plenty of Bright silver all over the place but unfortunately my Santa Fe is Bright Silver and couldn't live with 2 cars being the same exact color. Guess I will be waiting a while for my Tuscon ? I might even check out the new Sportage when they arrive as well.
Good Luck with your Tuscon and congrats !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts