Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the showing of the
2019 G70 at the NY Auto Show and the G70 plus G80 and G90 in dealer showrooms this summer, where are these dealers? I'm interested in a G70, but not only can't I see one in person, I can't even pre-order one. Hyundai dealers tell me that only dedicated Genesis dealers will get 2019's. One Hyundai dealership OWNER, told me that there will be seven here in Florida and that he will NOT be one of them. Many states will have none.

Genesis better get on the stick, getting dealerships built and up and running if dealers are to have 2019 G70's (and G80 and G90) at introduction this summer.

No information on website and no phone numbers to call for information (other than for roadside assistance).

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
https://www.genesis.com/us/en/sedan/g80.html

Works for me, lots of dealers in SoCal.

Try a zip code for a major city near you. May be a weak search engine.[/QUOTE

That site only gives the present Hyundai/Genesis Dealers, NOT the Dedicated Genesis Dealers that will be selling 2019 Genesis cars, and authorized to service and warranty them. The present HyundI/Genesis dealers will not be selling 2019 and later Genesis'. At least this is what three local Hyundai dealers tell me.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,604 Posts
My Hyundai dealer still has Genesis on the lot and are telling me they will be getting the G70 mid summer. They said it is up to the dealer if they want to apply to remain Genesis Dealers and to do so they will need to meet specific criteria. Not all Hyundai Dealers will remain / become Genesis Dealers. There will also be stand alone dealers

Here is a link
Standalone Genesis Dealers are Coming to the U.S. in 2018 - The Drive

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Hyundai dealer still has Genesis on the lot and are telling me they will be getting the G70 mid summer. They said it is up to the dealer if they want to apply to remain Genesis Dealers and to do so they will need to meet specific criteria. Not all Hyundai Dealers will remain / become Genesis Dealers. There will also be stand alone dealers

Here is a link
Standalone Genesis Dealers are Coming to the U.S. in 2018 - The Drive
I sure hope you are right. I'd love my favorite Selllng Dealer (104 miles away) to be one of those Genesis. Dealers. My favorite Servicing dealer (25 miles away) and the closest dealer already told me they wlll not be Genesis dealers.

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,841 Posts
My local dealer is in the process of losing the brand. Already stopped selling them and have them all parked in the corner of the lot like they are waiting for them to be picked up. This was about a week ago now. Said Hyundai was basically leaving them in the dark on much info.

Also said several states will not be getting the brand at all. Iowa is one. Ilinois will have 3 Chicago based dealers (or suburbs). Missouri was to have 2 I believe one in St. Louis and another over by Springfield. Ive been trying to find out whats going on but they are keeping all the info pretty secret right now.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Must be a big secret here in Florida. Nobody knows anything.

Yesterday I saw a beautiful Volvo (something or other) 90 sedan. (See below). Loved the exterior and interior, but I would not buy one because of The lack of dealers. I think there is one on the Florida east coast and there "may" be one in Orlando. (There is one in my northern location of Rochester NY). None in the areas I go in NM. What happens if I have a problem 200 or 300 miles from a dealer? As fo that "X" 90 I saw, I think it is the 2.0 that is both Supercharged (at Low RPM) and Turbocharged (at higher RPM).

Hey, come on Genesis. Publish the Genesis dealer locations.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,641 Posts
What a sales strategy. Manufacture some of the best cars in the world, but don’t let anybody get close enough to buy one. I hope the fools responsible get a “pink slip” before they take the whole brand down with their stupidity. I was waiting for a Genesis SUV to get to market, but just gave up and bought a new Santa Fe.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Below from good car bad car, don't know what Hyundai reported but these are US sales figures , 419 sold in Sept, 8909 YTD , the neg nos are % decline from last year. It does make one wonder regards Hyundai's competency but then again they stated they wanted to prove they could make a luxury car to compete with the Europeans which arguably they have accomplished, so perhaps they were so focused on that and they neglected the sales part of the equation, congratulations Hyundai !

Genesis 419 -75.86 8,909 -41.01

1 - 10 of 10 Posts