Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Browsing through cars.com, the nearest Ionic plug in models are in New Jersey (almost 500 miles from here).

I haven't found any press releases describing them being sold by region.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ioniq hybrid innovation: Deletes 12V lead-acid battery, by sourcing directly from hybrid's high voltage drive pack.
I scratched my head thinking about this Archilles heel many times. We left our brand new Prius lights on it wont start, frustrating knowing the traction pack was fully charged but cannot tap it. Had to jump start.

All Tesla including new Model 3 still chugs along with this 25 lbm boat anchor.
:|(i.e. Heavy, weak, degrades quickly, OEM= cheap)

2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid and EV First Test Review

Not everyone want safe, reliable & proven.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like I get to answer my own question.
Apparently dealers in 10 states stock them but any dealer in the other states can order one.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Apparently dealers in 10 states stock them but any dealer in the other states can order one.
Are you not worried about the knowledge, competency of dealership shop for warranty service if they don't even one to sell you?
This is an honest question.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The Sonata Plug In Hybrid was that way for the first year. My guess is after about a year you'll start seeing the plug-in in other states.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live in ohio. I had to go out of state to buy mine since it was a plug in. I was told only states with higher emission standard can sell the plug in. I ask all the local dealer but they are no allowed to sell plug ins or ev.I know it's dumb as **** but this is not going to change anytime soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts