Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just bought a used 2011 Sonata Limited w/Navigation and so far I am really liking my choice. My problem has to do with what I believe is a blue tooth issue. First time I paired my Samsung Galaxy SIII everything paired and connected with no problems. Only problem was the audio sounded choppy on the other end. Sounded fine in the car. First few times I made phone calls and had conversations. Then suddenly, after about 3 or 4 uses everything stopped working. Now when I connect the blue tooth and my phone, the whole system seems to crash. If the radio is on, the the radio audio can be heard, but the actual screen will either be blank, or frozen and non responsive to touch. Nothing, including the back up camera, will work. Also, a couple of times a little box popped up with a message saying something like "The program memory is almost full...change settings in system settings" (or something similar). It wouldn't clear itself either. The only way to get everything back is to shut off the car and restart it with the blue tooth unconnected to my phone. It's can still be paired, just not connected. I actually was at the dealership for an unrelated issue when this happened and showed the guy in Service. He'd never seen this and didn't have an answer so he said he'd talk to the technician. That was Thursday of last week. Before I call back looking for an answer from dealership, does anyone know of this issue and/or what to do? The car has 35k miles, and is a CPO vehicle, so I'm still under warranties. Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
215 Posts
You can try a reset of the head unit. Next to the CD tray there is a very small recessed button. You can press it with a paper clip, pen tip, etc. This will reset the entire head unit. Keep in mind if you do this you will lose your radio presets and have to reprogram them. This has fixed many problems owners have been experiencing. It may/may not fix yours. I agree with the other post though. You should get it to a dealer if this doesn't work. Even if it does, you may still want to have them look at it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can try a reset of the head unit. Next to the CD tray there is a very small recessed button. You can press it with a paper clip, pen tip, etc. This will reset the entire head unit. Keep in mind if you do this you will lose your radio presets and have to reprogram them. This has fixed many problems owners have been experiencing. It may/may not fix yours. I agree with the other post though. You should get it to a dealer if this doesn't work. Even if it does, you may still want to have them look at it.
Thanks for the tip. I tried that and it worked....briefly. Then started freezing up again. I'll get it to the dealer this week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts