Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealership says 4-6 months. Anyone else have any idea? I can't deal with a CVT so must wait for hybrid.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My dealership says 4-6 months. Anyone else have any idea? I can't deal with a CVT so must wait for hybrid.
There are couple of people on this forum who already purchased the 2021 Sonata Hybrid Limited with the solar roof. Those cars get over 50 mpg! My local dealership had couple but sold out during the December 2020 sale. The 2021 Sonata have a very nice interior and much quieter than my wife’s 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with Ultimate package and 10+ mpg better economy.

Sorry, I didn’t help the matter. Yesterday while chasing Hyundai trim parts, the local dealer showed me the new 2021 Sonata Limited with the panoramic roof. He told me the new Limited Hybrid will not have the panoramic roof but will have the solar roof. The solar roof will trickle charge the hybrid battery prolonging it’s life cycle and increase the distance on electric only.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Although sounds neat the sonata is way too large of a car for my needs. The Elantra is perfect size.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am torn. I love the look of the Elantra and it is a perfect size, but I also love the look of the Sonata and it's handling seems much more stable than the Elantra. However, I have not of course ever seen or driven a hybrid Elantra.... I could use more storage space in the trunk when I travel - the Elantra gets jammed up pretty quick. But, the Elantra can fit into almost any parking space.... Of course if the hybrid version of the Elantra never comes out...well, a Sonata it is!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Oh it's coming and soon. Just want to know how soon.
I hope you're right. I've been waiting....waiting....waiting....and waiting. I just had to put a new battery in my 2017 Elantra - I don't want to put anymore money into a vehicle I will be getting rid of. I contacted my sales guy at the dealer today and he said that supposedly, some dealers do have the hybrids already (which I highly doubt since you still can't build them on the Hyundai website) and they are expecting a hybrid Limited in April. I don't even know what pricing will be on it...and he doesn't seem to have much info either but then again, I just texted him. If I have a chance, I'll stop by the dealership over the weekend - it is 40 minutes from me, so it isn't particularly close.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The 2017 Elantra is SUPER reliable. Other than regular maintenance and 3 door lock actuators (they go bad often) have had no issues. I am on my 3rd battery but that is common in the desert. JUST passed 150,000 miles

·
Registered
46 Posts
The 2017 Elantra is SUPER reliable. Other than regular maintenance and 3 door lock actuators (they go bad often) have had no issues. I am on my 3rd battery but that is common in the desert. JUST passed 150,000 miles
So, maybe I should hang onto it for another few years? I was planning on jumping on the hybrid train and really want a hybrid :) Are you thinking of trading yours in? I have just over 40k on my Elantra - not sure what kind of trade in I will get for it....probably not great. It is funny, because a car that was 4 or 5 years old would have mileage like yours when I used to live in the DC area. Now, I live in East Tennessee and no more heavy commuting!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I was reading something about car prices yesterday. They expect used prices to really go up because of the pandemic, not as many new sales and trade-ins plus rental companies don't have nearly as many cars to sell as they have not accumulated miles with no travel going on. So a few factors coming together to form a low used supply.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's good to know. I was hoping to snag a hybrid before gas prices went through the roof - not that they will continue to do so - but it is already difficult trying to get a hybrid in my area. The sales guy says 'we can order it' but I certainly do not want to pay full price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't see the appeal of the hybrid on an economy car that gets 31 City/ 41 Highway already. With the extra cost of the hybrid, it would take years to pay off the difference with fuel savings. I can see the reason for hybrids of heavy SUVs or sports cars, definitely a big gas saver.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know a lot of people don't think it is worth it and it may not be. But, I simply like paying less at the pump and would rather pay that money up front if I have it. I also hate CVT engines... If I get this vehicle, I plan on keeping it for A LONG time... I get your point though.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I don't see the appeal of the hybrid on an economy car that gets 31 City/ 41 Highway already. With the extra cost of the hybrid, it would take years to pay off the difference with fuel savings. I can see the reason for hybrids of heavy SUVs or sports cars, definitely a big gas saver.
The hybrid comes with an independent multi-link rear suspension and greater torque. The Limited trim also comes with heated and ventilated front seats. PC magazine has an excellent review of the Hybrid Limited 2021 Hyundai Elantra Hybrid Review.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So, I signed up for the Hyundai Insider (whatever that means) to get information on the hybrid and its release. I have emailed the 'concierge support' a couple of times for clarification and the most I have out of them is that the vehicle will hit in Winter of 2021....I ask, is it this winter or next winter? Is it sooner or later? Only - Winter of 2021....so, either really, really soon - or the end of the year. Then, as I said, my sales guy at the dealership said some dealers had them already (again, I find hard to believe) and that they would be getting one in April.... I sent him a note asking for a few more details on the 'one' they would be getting - haven't heard a word yet. I'm guessing end of year at this point - sheesh.... That, actually works out better for me - to save more money and not run out and get one - but, I 'think' I really, really want one. I've never even 'wanted' a car before, lol.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I am of the impression that winter 2021 means before March 20, which is when Spring begins. Then this year Hyundai will be rolling out the new Tucson, Kona/Kona Electric (refresh), Ioniq 5 and the Elantra Hybrid. Those cars, knowing Hyundai, are gonna be hard to get in the beginning. Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was able to get an Elantra Hybrid limited this week, there are several Bay Area dealers that are getting a few in stock, but all of the dealers said that more stock of them would take a while to get, hyundai is prioritizing the Tuscon Hybrid apparently.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You purchased one? How do you like it?
Its really nice, if you haven't driven a hybrid its a bit to get used to, i went from a 1990 Honda Accord, so its quite the step up.
My biggest gripe is that Android Auto isn't widescreen, while Apple Carplay is. I'm hoping its a software issue, but you can't have widescreen android auto.
The car rides on 225/45R 17 tires, i think they should have gone with 16s for the added padding, the ride is a tad stiff at times.

the hybrid system seems to work well, i'm getting 45 mpg on my normal 40 mile 1 way commute driving about like a usually do around 75-80 mph.
while not in sport mode, the car can feel a little sluggish off the line, but this is a commuter car through and through, so its not really designed to be fast off the line.

I got a great deal on mine for 26,500 Net, after doing the math you basically have to get this car for less than 28k, ideally under 27k to save money in the long run over the gas version as others have pointed out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the info! What color did you get and interior? Did you get an SEL or a Limited? I've never driven a hybrid but always wanted one. I love the look of the 2021 Elantra, I've got a 2017 myself. I can't configure on the website to build one so I don't really know which one I want. I believe I would lean towards the Limited though I've never been the biggest fan of leather seats. This would be the most 'luxurious' car I've ever owned lol....I've had Civic and a Corolla, a very old Accord when they were small. Now I've got an elantra, so obviously I am not about high performance :)

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Its really nice, if you haven't driven a hybrid its a bit to get used to, i went from a 1990 Honda Accord, so its quite the step up.
My biggest gripe is that Android Auto isn't widescreen, while Apple Carplay is. I'm hoping its a software issue, but you can't have widescreen android auto.
The car rides on 225/45R 17 tires, i think they should have gone with 16s for the added padding, the ride is a tad stiff at times.

the hybrid system seems to work well, i'm getting 45 mpg on my normal 40 mile 1 way commute driving about like a usually do around 75-80 mph.
while not in sport mode, the car can feel a little sluggish off the line, but this is a commuter car through and through, so its not really designed to be fast off the line.

I got a great deal on mine for 26,500 Net, after doing the math you basically have to get this car for less than 28k, ideally under 27k to save money in the long run over the gas version as others have pointed out.
I’d be interested in what trim you got. Also does it have the decorative circle on the left of the gauge cluster or is it functional? Color?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts