Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm purchasing a 2010 Genesis 4.6 this month and would like to get the 2010 4.6 with 385 bhp. I understand that the early 2010 model year Genesis are 375bph and the change occurred somewhere mid year. Does anyone know at what date of manufacture the switch occurred? The one that I'm looking at is manufactured on February of 2010.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
That's news to me but I just checked the website and sure enough, it's 385 horses. I have no idea when the change occurred, though so I can't help you there. If it's any comfort, chances are you won't feel 10 horsepower anyway and the performance differential will be negligible at best.

·
1,914 Posts
I don't know how it is in canada, but in the US the 11's have been out for quite some time now. I would think any 2010 Genny you find would be recently built. You aren't going to notice the 10hp difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I picked this car up. My research indicated that the February manufactured car is the updated 385 bhp model. What can I say, I upgraded to this Genesis from a 2006 Sonata. The Sonata was a really nice car, but its no comparison to this work of art of a car. I absolutely love it. It is simply an unbelievable car at an unbelievable price. A couple people at work recently purchased BMWs 335XI and a 535XI. When I showed the guy with the 535XI he was just speechless (however he did mention that the NAVIGATION system and control know as just like his beemer) and other people at work who have ridden in both cars, told me secretly that they thought my car was an upgrade over the guys 535i.... I tend to think so as well, and I ended up spending $30K + less....

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Congrats on taking the plunge! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Talontsi96 @ Oct 26 2010, 08:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366610
I'm purchasing a 2010 Genesis 4.6 this month and would like to get the 2010 4.6 with 385 bhp. I understand that the early 2010 model year Genesis are 375bph and the change occurred somewhere mid year. Does anyone know at what date of manufacture the switch occurred? The one that I'm looking at is manufactured on February of 2010.
I bought the 2010 Genesis 4.6 in March 2010. The car was built on January 25, 2010. The 4.6 generates [email protected] rpm with 91 octane gasoline and [email protected] rpm with 87 octane gasoline. The 10 horse difference is not noticeable. However, it seems like better gas milegage with the 91 octane gasoline.

·
Registered
6 Posts
QUOTE (Talontsi96 @ Oct 26 2010, 08:54 PM)
I bought the 2010 Genesis 4.6 in March 2010. The car was built on January 25, 2010. The 4.6 generates [email protected] rpm with 91 octane gasoline and [email protected] rpm with 87 octane gasoline. The 10 horse difference is not noticeable. However, it seems like better gas milegage with the 91 octane gasoline.
Might be my sensitive (manly) butt, but filling up with 93 octane feels pretty good power over the stuff that makes your engine retarded. I also noticed the better fuel economy as well.

I'm fairly new but left my 06 BMW M3 at the dealership after a chance test drive of this 11 Genesis I have now.. impressive. Was actually considering the 5-series BMW, but glad I made the move on this Genesis..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts