Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I have a kinda annoying problem with my 2010 Sonata. When I lock it via OEM remote (haven't tested the physical key-lock), within 1-40 min my vehicle starts panic. Randomly. Nothing is touching it. Daes anybody know how to fix it besides "do not lock" or "cut your horn wire" :)

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
My first thought would be that one, or more, of the switches in the doors/hood/trunk that tell the security system whether it is open or closed is faulty and erroneously tripping the security system. If this is the case, it could be hard to trace it down to the specific switch(es). Perhaps some sort of continuity test could be performed on the switches to see if they are causing this issue. I do know that sometimes the rubber bumper opposite the hood switch degrades or moves which in turn causes the security system to not be able to arm since it thinks not everything is closed. You might want to check the bumpers these switches come up against as well.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
The hood switch has been troublesome on some Sonatas. IIRC, the trouble is not the switch itself it's the rubber pad that it contacts when you close the hood that wears, causing an intermittant contact. You could probably replicate the problem by grabbing the hood at the front and wiggling it after locking the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for all recommendations, will go on my driveway and play with it, will tell you how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts