Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found some steel wheels I'm hoping to use for winter tires. Can anyone verify that 15x6.5 wheels from a 2007 Elantra SE will work just fine on a 2012 Elantra Touring GLS? Bolts on the steel wheels are 5-114. Stock wheels on the ET are 17 but I want to downsize for the winter tires.

Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not absolutely sure what (US spec?) Elantras are. But My 2010 i30 (UK spec, Czech built) has 16" wheels and I use 15" alloys from a (2008 I think) i30 for my winter tyres. I find that the clearance between the rims & front calipers is a bit marginal - whether these are different to calipers on an earlier i30 I dont know. In my case it precludes stick on balance weights in middle of rim.
So try them on the car to be sure. Worth the try as (in UK at least) 15" tyres are cheaper than 16" or 17". I used 195-65x15 Michelin Alpin A4's that I find superb in winter, done 3 winters so far and still have 6+mm tread left.
Ed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Hoarse. That's good to know. In addition to the lower price, higher sidewalls come in handy where I live because we tend to get some pretty bad potholes in the roads in the late winter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts