Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2013 Santa fe sport rims are ugly. Is there anyone who sells wheel skins for the 17 inch rims, or do I have to buy replacement rims.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Skins for wheels? Never seen that. I agree that the 17" wheels are ugly. Just buy new ones, preferably bigger. Or plasti-dip them to just change the color.

·
Registered
884 Posts
The 2013 Santa fe sport rims are ugly. Is there anyone who sells wheel skins for the 17 inch rims, or do I have to buy replacement rims.
O.K....I`ll stick my neck out..

What, pray tell, is a 'wheel skin'??

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wheel skins

There is a company that makes wheel skins. There not hub caps
The site is called coast2coastinternational. They don't make the skins for
The 17s I just checked this out. At least not yet. I agree. The 17s are ugly

·
Registered
759 Posts
For what it's worth, some hub caps or "pie plates" as I call them can get pricey. If you're in the 17" wheel size, there's some really nice 17" alloy wheels in the $104-$115 range per wheel.
I've got the 19's, but will be going down to 17's for winter tires - so i'm looking around... Tirerack.com has around 30 options, plus you can see what they look like before buying!

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resu...&sort=Brand&filterNew=All&filterSpecial=false

Some of what i'm considering:

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am pretty sure He meant wheel skins covers...which are really ugly and old and do not belong on our cars! :p

That is absolutely hideous! On a side note, while in college a buddy of mine had four of those plastic hubcaps on his Honda. Real shiny hubcaps too. One summer day, it was very hot, buddy with the Honda was at a party a bunch of were at. I saw his car outside so I ran in and yelled, Andy! Your plastic hubcaps are melting!!!! and he almost freaked and ran out to check lol. This is the same buy who used a flat head screwdriver to remove ice on top of his car...you can imagine what it looked like once the snow melted...lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also am very disappointed in the UGLY wheels on my '13 SF Sport. I'm not ready to spend $500.00 for new wheels on a car with 4,000 miles on it. I'm hoping for an after market solution soon, I believe many Sport owners will be interested.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The 19" Wheels on the Canadian Sport 2.0T Limited are pretty nice.
That's what I have, pretty nice indeed, but not a really affordable option if you have 17's to start with. I went with 17's for winter for that reason alone. 19" rubber is expensive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That's what I have, pretty nice indeed, but not a really affordable option if you have 17's to start with. I went with 17's for winter for that reason alone. 19" rubber is expensive.
YUP!!! I dropped down to 17's for the winter also. WAYYYYY to mush $$$ for the 19" Winters.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
YUP!!! I dropped down to 17's for the winter also. WAYYYYY to mush $$$ for the 19" Winters.
Do you guys notice a difference in ride and handling on dry pavement between the 17" & 19"? If so, please describe the difference.
Thanks.
John

·
Registered
759 Posts
Not a "bad difference", but a difference. It's a softer ride, louder (as winter tires are). You feel a difference when taking a corner... Slightly more roll, but again, nothing bad.

I wanted to keep my 19's looking nice, and didn't want black steel for the winter either, so I got black alloys as I'll have the SFS for the next 6 yrs or so.... Worth the investment.
I like It... Glad I did it.
There's pics in the "photos" section of this forum.

·
Registered
335 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts