261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine's a GLS V6 16", so I think the stock specs are:

16x6.5
+46mm
5x114.3
67.1mm bore
215-60/16

I'll be due for new tires soon, so I was looking on CL and found a tires+wheels set. The wheels are off Mazda 5 and the specs are:

17x6.5
+52mm
5x114.3
67.1mm bore
205-50/17

I have never used anything but stock wheels - so looking for some advice. Do you think these wheels would fit my Sonata without issues?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Aug 1 2010, 04:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=346555
should get new tires if you get the mazda 5 wheels.. might be too thin and too narrow.. the stock 17inch sonata oem wheels come with 215/55/17. and looks like the mazda 5 wheels have higer offset which will sunk in even more :S
So, is that a no go?

·
Banned
873 Posts
do whatever you want, im just saying the wheels will sunk in to your fenders more than your stock ones cuz they got higher offset and i mentioned the tires already, you can replace tires for cheap if you get them used or even bran new if u find descent shops, shops will take your mazda 5 tires as a trade in too, ...lol

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, if the wheels sink in even more than the stock, will it affect the handling/operation of the car, or just the look?

·
Banned
873 Posts
IMO, i wouldnt go anything that has higher offset than the oem wheels which are +46, the offset on the oem wheel is designed to sit that way so it wont inteferce other objects inside the wheel well, if you put higher offset which will sink in more than the current oem wheels, it might contact the particles inside since its pushed in a bit more. but since there only 6.5 wide i doubt you would have any problems

·
Registered
550 Posts
Well, the 6mm shift in offset is a little less than 3/8th inch. The 205 tires are obviously 10mm narrower than the 215 tires. That's 5mm on each side, or slightly more than a 1/4 inch. In total, those Mazda tires will sit about a 1/2 inch deeper in the wheel well. You can picture that for yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts