Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the Hyundai part number for wheel locks ? (18" wheels if that matters)

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Are you looing to buy a set? I have an axtra set you can get off me....just send me a PM if you want them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just got my dealer to give me the wheel locks for my 18" alloy wheels but I've never put them on myself before..
Is it something I can do myself without tools or no?

·
Registered
932 Posts
QUOTE (PeterJ @ Apr 20 2010, 08:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315133
I just got my dealer to give me the wheel locks for my 18" alloy wheels but I've never put them on myself before..
Is it something I can do myself without tools or no?
You better be able to put them on yourself because, if you ever get a flat, you're going to need to take them off yourself.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Let me also be the negative Nelly regarding wheel locks. Every tool company sells tapered sockets that make removal of wheel locks trivial. You won't find many mechanics that don't keep a supply of these in their tool boxes.

I can also tell that, back in the early 90's when I worked for Goodyear we sold McGard locks. At least at that time, there were only 7 different lock patterns. The keys also weren't made very well. It was very common to have people towed in because they were unable to get the locks off when they had a flat because the key either got stripped or actually broke.

Needless to say, I'm not a fan.

·
Registered
738 Posts
QUOTE (Vinnny @ Apr 21 2010, 06:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315214
Are they still in the packaging ? Could you post the part # ?

Thanks
I got these with my limited,,, doesn't say anything about wheel size...

on the front of the package Hyundai Wheel Locks " P/N U8440-00200 "

Hope this helps you

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found them on Ebay for $38 shipped (UPS). Item # is 360254849798 if anyone is interested :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts