Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to put my wheel locks on today and they don't look right. Its taller and skinnier than the regular lugs. You can see in the piture they stick out a bit. The part # i have is U8440-00200. If you have an SE with wheel locks please compare yours to mine.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yep, looks just like mine. . .

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Mine are just a littl bit taller too, they stay inside the edge of the rim though. Mine are Hyundai P/N 000AM-82385

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have a limited so the 17" stock wheels. The locks themselves are the same design as yours with the lip on the end instead of the solid barrell as shown in the bottom pic. Mine is Canadian so it might have a different P/N from the US. Mine came pre-installed with the car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I totally hate mine also... Think I'm going to take them off, no one "ever" steals stock rims here anyway they only take the whole car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's an update on the wheel locks..

I exchanged the wheel locks for P/N U8440-00300 and they look ALOT better :thumbsup:

·
Registered
589 Posts
The ones from my Honda fit perfectly, but the problem is the key; it's 17mm, and Hyundai uses a larger standard size (forgot which one), so will have to buy the right locks so the lug wrench can remove the lock as well (or I'd need another Gorilla wrench, which is more expensive). Seems like p/n U8440-00300 is the one to buy, but what brand is it? McGard or Gorilla? Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (elp_jc @ May 18 2010, 01:51 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323883
The ones from my Honda fit perfectly, but the problem is the key; it's 17mm, and Hyundai uses a larger standard size (forgot which one), so will have to buy the right locks so the lug wrench can remove the lock as well (or I'd need another Gorilla wrench, which is more expensive). Seems like p/n U8440-00300 is the one to buy, but what brand is it? McGard or Gorilla? Thanks.
The locks are original Hyundai (McGard)

QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ May 18 2010, 01:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324039
how much were the wheel locks?
$38 on Ebay from a Hyundai dealer in CA.

·
Registered
589 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
So does anyone know how to get this McGuard part on Amazon"? there, they're only about $16, incl shipping, no tax.

Can any of you figure out which ones?

thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think I answered my own question; but they're more expensive than I thought, based on what most other McGard sets are running on Amazon:

McGard 25257 Chrome Tuner Style Cone Seat Wheel Locks (M12 x 1.5 Thread Size) - Set of 4 for $30 including shipping, but you also get a free pouch, McGard 70007 Wheel Key Lock Storage Pouch selling seperately on Amazon for $4.48.

So it's still cheaper than the dealer, and you get the pouch free. (I hate having the Key Lock bouncing around in my glove bos, which is the only place I prefer to keep it, or I'll lose it)

In case you want to check McGard site, it's here: http://www.mcgard.com/Applications/Automot...x59oK1ZwQ%3d%3d

btw, there they show really cool lug nut sets with color caps or color rings, to match your car's color; expensive though, since the colored sets are not sold through Amazon.

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (abigmutt @ Jun 5 2010, 12:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329856
McGard 25257 Chrome Tuner Style Cone Seat Wheel Locks (M12 x 1.5 Thread Size) - Set of 4 for $30 including shipping, but you also get a free pouch, McGard 70007 Wheel Key Lock Storage Pouch selling seperately on Amazon for $4.48.colored sets are not sold through Amazon.
Those locks will stick out, and look ugly IMO. The ones sized like stock lug nuts are 24157. To each his own though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts