Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of wheels that came off an Acura that have a center bore of 64.1. I want to use these wheels on my Sonata for winter wheels but the Sonata center bore is 67.

Any suggestions on how to enlarge the center bore of these wheels? Do you think I could get enough material off with maybe a cylinder hone?

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (BiXLL @ Jun 11 2010, 04:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332134
I have a set of wheels that came off an Acura that have a center bore of 64.1. I want to use these wheels on my Sonata for winter wheels but the Sonata center bore is 67.

Any suggestions on how to enlarge the center bore of these wheels? Do you think I could get enough material off with maybe a cylinder hone?

Acura Legend guys are forever having this issue with our legends because of our abnormally large center bore (70.1")....there are machine shops that will bore out rims or you can do the ghetto way and grab a hole saw big enough and drill them yourself. I will warn you though, if you bore too big you will have balance/vibration issues...or you could bore them all a bit too big and get hubcentric rings that fit.

EDIT: I notice you are in PA. A friend of mine who bored some TSX wheels for his Legend lives near KOP. He knows of a great shop in that area...if that area works for you, lemme know and I'll get their name and address

also keep in mind, Acuras are notorious for very high offsets...not sure if the sonata could take a 50mm offset and not look completely retarded?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 11 2010, 04:26 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332136
Acura Legend guys are forever having this issue with our legends because of our abnormally large center bore (70.1")....there are machine shops that will bore out rims or you can do the ghetto way and grab a hole saw big enough and drill them yourself. I will warn you though, if you bore too big you will have balance/vibration issues...or you could bore them all a bit too big and get hubcentric rings that fit.

EDIT: I notice you are in PA. A friend of mine who bored some TSX wheels for his Legend lives near KOP. He knows of a great shop in that area...if that area works for you, lemme know and I'll get their name and address

also keep in mind, Acuras are notorious for very high offsets...not sure if the sonata could take a 50mm offset and not look completely retarded?
Oh man, I never gave the off set a thought, by my chart, the Acura TSX has a 55 off set!!! I don't think these are going to work........................

·
Banned
630 Posts
Anyone remove an se wheel? The offset is stamped on the back labelled as ETxx the xx is the offset. If the se wheels are anything lower Than 50mm the tsp wheels will be compleltrly sunken in. The stock se wheels are flush with our fenders

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you know what, I did not realize that ET stood for off set. I have to check again in Am, but I think the wheels I am talking about have ET marked as 48?????

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, they are stamped ET-48, so I think I can get away with 3 mm difference. Now my main question is, can I get 3 mm worth of material out of the center bore with a cylinder hone, or does it not remove that much material?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts