Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate the wheelcaps which are there on the car...question i have is, is it worth the hassle to remove lugnuts and wheel or i can just get away with removing lugnuts ?

How costly is to replace all steels with alloys.

Thanks in advance...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
882 Posts
You don't need to remove the wheels or jack up the car, if you do the job carefully. Just remove the lug nuts and replace the cover

You can get OEM covers from junk yard, some of aftermarket covers look cheap

The lug nuts looks corroded but not so bad. You can use stock socket wrench in the trunk and long water pipe to have long leverage. Easy job

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't need to remove the wheels or jack up the car, if you do the job carefully. Just remove the lug nuts and replace the cover

You can get OEM covers from junk yard, some of aftermarket covers look cheap

The lug nuts looks corroded but not so bad. You can use stock socket wrench in the trunk and long water pipe to have long leverage. Easy job
Thanks will give few scrapyard a ring...how costly wud it be possible to replace the alloys ?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Thanks will give few scrapyard a ring...how costly wud it be possible to replace the alloys ?

Do you mean you wanna replace with alloy rims? It's not cheap. You will need a tool to remove the tires and fit them into new rims. Sometimes it may damage the good tires. I would say $200 labor. You can drive until tires worn out, then find 4 alloy rims with good tires in scrapyard

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i meant buying alloys with rims and tyres...will not change the tyres for time being...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts