Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wheel bearing is making noise on the driver side. I brought it to one garage and he removed the wheel and center nut and hammered the cv axle slightly to see if it was jammed, since he says it's a common problem. It did not move and he said he is not willing to work on it as he's too busy(cv seized into hub). He didn't unscrew anything else so not sure if the cv axle should of moved at all or if he just did not feel like working on it since he was overbooked that day and I didn't want to leave the vehicle.

He told me to make an appointment at Hyundai and let them figure it out. Just to get an estimate in writing before they start. Hyundai is already double the price of any place else, so I don't want to bring it there for nothing if the axle is really not stuck.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I had both front bearings go on my '14 SE but got replaced under warranty from dealer(2nd owner < 60k miles)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
My wheel bearing is making noise on the driver side. I brought it to one garage and he removed the wheel and center nut and hammered the cv axle slightly to see if it was jammed, since he says it's a common problem. It did not move and he said he is not willing to work on it as he's too busy(cv seized into hub). He didn't unscrew anything else so not sure if the cv axle should of moved at all or if he just did not feel like working on it since he was overbooked that day and I didn't want to leave the vehicle.

He told me to make an appointment at Hyundai and let them figure it out. Just to get an estimate in writing before they start. Hyundai is already double the price of any place else, so I don't want to bring it there for nothing if the axle is really not stuck.

Suggestions?

Both of mine were fused to the axle because I drove on them for so long after they went out. Took my mechanic 3 hours to cut, remove, and smooth out the axle to get the new ones to work. Only charged me the normal quote, great to have a mechanic that treats you right. lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts