Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this rubber & metal cylinder-shaped gizmo attached to the rear facing of the front strut base?

Also, what is the rubber plug for, that is on the "hub" portion of the (rear?) brake rotor?

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
What is this rubber & metal cylinder-shaped gizmo attached to the rear facing of the front strut base?

Also, what is the rubber plug for, that is on the "hub" portion of the (rear?) brake rotor?
Similar to the bump stops on the suspension.... limits travel on full lock inputs.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Similar to the bump stops on the suspension.... limits travel on full lock inputs.
Can you please explain more about that? Is the something to "adjust" or turn inside of it? From the outside it doesn't LOOK like it does anything.

Thanks!

Remove that plug to get access to the star wheel adjuster for the parking brake shoes.
Ah! Gotcha! Thanks. Is the wheel located at the bottom, like old-style shoes/drums?

Mine must need adjusting - my front brake pads are 99% worn away, but my rear pads are hardly worn. I do realize that the front does most of the work but my situation seems unusual to me.

·
Registered
578 Posts
If you turn your steering wheel either full left or right.... the rubber bumper should contact or come fairly close to the frame. This will limit extreme travel and possibly prevent the tires from rubbing on the structure in the wheel-well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts