Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gone through 3 full tanks so far in my 2018 SFS 2.0T AWD, and I'm only getting around 17 MPG. I was wondering what everyone else is getting.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I use fuelly.com to track my MPG. I have a 2013 so I have a cumulative 5 years of data and my MPG all time is 19.9. So depending on how much of your 17 MPG is city or highway stop and go vs. straight highway then you are not that far off from what you can probably expect to get. The lousy MPG is my only real complaint with this car.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Wait till colder weather , it will likely get even worse. Your driving style matters but still on the highway it's far from a leader in fuel efficiency. Mediocre implementation of 4 cylinder turbo technology from a mpg perspective, esp in awd and highly optioned models.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It takes about 10,000 miles for these modern engines to fully loosen up, so expect another 1 mpg or so vs brand new.

·
Registered
68 Posts
24.3 MPG has been my average so far on my 2017 SFS Ultimate 2.0T. This is an average of over 27,000 miles. My Fuelly link below shows more details.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
2.4L and most city trips are only about 2.0 miles to and from work.

City in summer 17 - 19 MPG

Highway 25 - 30 MPG depending upon speed, wind, grades, etc...27 - 28 MPG is a decent average.

City in winter around 15 MPG. Use of the remote start will of course drop that even more.

·
Registered
64 Posts
For my last 1300 miles, with 95% City driving, my average is 15.5 MPG (This also includes winter months to present time)

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
keep in mind folks....That unless you are doing the actual math your mileage may be lower. The displayed mileage is an indicator. Your mileage could be higher but in my experience it is usually a bit lower than the trip computer displays......

Reactions: tobidog and mjonis

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
782 Posts
I've gone through 3 full tanks so far in my 2018 SFS 2.0T AWD, and I'm only getting around 17 MPG. I was wondering what everyone else is getting.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Fuelly is your friend, IMO.
Nice app (at least for iOS).
The website will show you what others who use the app are getting, although you'll need to look at each individual report to see the mix of city/highway.
That does make a big difference, IMO.

Also where folks live. Here in NY, it can get really cold and with the snow, and the winter blends/ethanol, my mpg plummets in the winter. (I love sitting in traffic for 45 minutes for a 3 mile ride).

I've got close to a mix of 60/40 (city/highway) and get around 21.5.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I get 5.9 on the highway and drops to 5.4 off highway.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I've had my new 2018 SFS for 4 1/2 months....I haven't purchased fuel since I left the dealership. :eek:
You actually have to drive it to know what MPG you're getting...>:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
2018 2.0T SFS

For roadtrips recently:
PDX to Leavenworth, WA ~27 MPG
PDX to Vancouver BC ~28 MPG
PDX to Bend, OR around ~27 MPG

Mixed driving ~22 MPG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, my 2017 2.0L Sport was giving us about 17 MPG in the beginning. The engine, transaxle etc. were all tight (new) so I did not expect stellar numbers. At about 5K around town mile increased to 25 MPG. After 15K the around town remained at 25 and the on road highway improved to 30 to 32 (it was about 28 to 29 previously). Driving style impacts mileage, not making a judgement, but cruise control can help mileage since the vehicle can sense changes in terrain and road surfaces quicker than we humans sitting in the captains seat. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You boys need to get the 2.2 deisel engine.........
200 mile mix of motorway and A roads - 38.2 mpg
Recent 2,800 mile tour of Europe towing caravan - 28.2 mpg

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Here in the States diesel fuel is generally more expensive than gasoline, so any fuel mileage advantage is negated in part or whole depending upon where you live.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts