Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon SE last week and have been having a few issues. Can someone tell me what you think could be wrong?

1. Sometimes I can't get it to go in gear.
2. Sometimes it will grind when it goes into gear.
3. The clutch gets stuck to the floor (I have to push it back up with my foot.)
4. I was in 1st with the clutch all the way to the floor and foot on the brake and my car wanted to go.
5. Last thing is sometimes the clutch is really easy to push on and then other times there a a little resistance.

So what do y'all think? A new clutch? Or something worse? Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
clutch hydraulic system has a leak. broken line, bad master or salve cylinder. its not moving the clutch fully so thats why its grinding. check the reservoir, going to guess its low if not empty. thats a leak. start looking with a flashlight it should be obvious. if the cylinder is screwed and not leaking, you may still have full fluid. get someone to push the clutch a few times while you watch the salve cylinder operate under the hood. my guess is it isn't going far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

I just got a call from the dealership and you were exactly right!!! They replaced both the slave and master cylinders. He said it was hard to tell which one was leaking so he replaced both of them!! You are awesome! :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts