Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the doors have to be closed in a certain sequence? The 4 doors were closed at different times (not exactly sure what sequence) and the map lights stayed on! Open/closed front doors, nothing...open/closed back doors, lights went out! I can't see any logic in this...kid safety? Thanks for any thoughts!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I’m not mistaken, my map lights stay on for about 10 seconds after the doors are close.
...I'm familiar, this "stays-on"! :surprise:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand what you're saying and I know the car enough...the map lights would not go off. I'm not sure what the car is signaling me for? I never had it happen...and not sure how to repeat it?!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Do the doors have to be closed in a certain sequence? The 4 doors were closed at different times (not exactly sure what sequence) and the map lights stayed on! Open/closed front doors, nothing...open/closed back doors, lights went out! I can't see any logic in this...kid safety? Thanks for any thoughts!
Pleas check out page 4-83 of the owners manual, Hyundai Sonata YF 2011-2017 Owner's Manual. I has good information on the interior lighting as well as other features and programing of different functions available to you. :smile:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Please check out page 4-83 of the owners manual, Hyundai Sonata YF 2011-2017 Owner's Manual. It has good information on the interior lighting as well as other features and programing of different functions available to you. :smile:

·
Registered
184 Posts
There are several ways to turn the lights on/off. The switch on the front lights set when the lights turn on and off with the doors, toggle left and the lights come on, toggle center and the lights go on/off with the opening of the doors and toggle right and the lights stay off. As mentioned there is about a 10 second delay when closing the doors.

Also the lights themselves are push on push off to operate the individual lights. If the lights do not turn off when the doors are closed they may have been pushed on which over rides the door closing.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also the lights themselves are push on push off to operate the individual lights. If the lights do not turn off when the doors are closed they may have been pushed on which over rides the door closing.
...1st I checked for any doors ajar, then if the maps were turned-on...neither was the case. I just checked to see if the child safety locks are engaged, they aren't. :puzzled:

·
Registered
1 Posts
This has happened with our 2013 Sonata as well. We've had it almost 5 years - we know the map lights stay on then turn off automatically. But occasionally the map lights stay on (30 minutes after we get home - look out & see lights still on. Doors are all shut securely, they were not turned pushed on by driver/passenger. Turn key in ignition, take key out, shut doors & watch - lights then fade off.

We've also had this happen with the tail lights. :(

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This has happened with our 2013 Sonata as well. We've had it almost 5 years - we know the map lights stay on then turn off automatically. But occasionally the map lights stay on (30 minutes after we get home - look out & see lights still on. Doors are all shut securely, they were not turned pushed on by driver/passenger. Turn key in ignition, take key out, shut doors & watch - lights then fade off.

:(
At least there's a master-off (off/door/on) right next to them! 00000732

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good question on the indicator; I actually don't know the answer to that. I DO know that intermittently failing door switches were responsible for a cascade of nasty problems on some older Lexus models and that the door ajar indicator was not useful in diagnosing the problem, perhaps due to the intermittent nature of the symptoms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you hit your seat belt in the door you could have a dent where the sensor is, it happened to me, easy fix i taped a quarter where the dent was.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts