Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone been able to confirm if this does indeed fit our cars? i tried searching the forums but, that didnt really help me. sorry for the repetitiveness.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I put this up because I'm not sure if the message sent.

if im understanding your subtle unterones in that post, i assume that the kfx performance does not fit and custom would be my best bet? thats why i made the thread, some peoiple said it fit and others werent so sure. thanks. also, you wouldnt happen to know if theres a certain model of magnaflow thats "pretty close" to fitting our car or does that not even really matter? i have no idea about this kind of stuff really.

ps. that exhaust does sound awesome though.
-------------------------------

I don't really know about the kfx exhaust. I'd imagine it fits though, because they make all their parts for our Korean cars. I jsut personally love magnaflow. :D

I wanted to get a magnaflow muffler, but I just didn't want to cut any exhaust pipes. haha. With any muffler, you're always going to have to do that, and use U clamps to hold them together. If you want magnaflow, their official website ( http://www.magnaflow.com/ ) has universal mufflers which I'd imagine that's what the guy on that youtube video has. Although I don't know our dimensions. Once you find out the dimentions, you're good to go.

The universal mufflers from magnaflow are here: http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/universalmuffler.asp

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was wondering if it had a resonator as well. From the picture, it looked like it was just a pipe leading to the exhaust. Always wondered how loud the thing was compared to stock.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info. it seems like a custom exhaust might be the way to go but, i have no idea what dimensions or anything to look for. any suggestions. all that i know that i DONT want is anyhting super crazy loud. a moderate volume is to be expected but, id like to steer away from a "fart can".

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (sheldon902 @ Jun 30 2010, 08:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337613
thanks for the info. it seems like a custom exhaust might be the way to go but, i have no idea what dimensions or anything to look for. any suggestions. all that i know that i DONT want is anyhting super crazy loud. a moderate volume is to be expected but, id like to steer away from a "fart can".
Search for the terms "Exclusively magnaflow" on this forum.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
ok i will say this again. KFX EXHAUST HEADER FITS THE THIRD GEN ACCENT. THE MID PIPE AND AXLE BACK ALSO FIT. it doesnt matter what people who dont know what they are talking about think, it fits, end of story.

there is no resonator, no cat only a muffler. if you plan on making it inspection passable, you will need to get a shop to splice in the cat look at the pictures on kfx, they tell everything

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'll admit, as knowledgeable as I am on some aspects of car mechanics, I'm not so hot on exhaust. I know the basics but... if I'm right, the longer the resonator and the bigger the muffler, the quieter the sound will be, right? I'm gonna be doing my exhaust soon, but noise is a huge concern for me. My commute to and from work and into the city for pleasure is all highway and I basically sit at 4k RPM the entire way. I really, really don't want a loud annoying drone in the cabin without adding a couple hundred pounds of sound proofing. I had a straight pipe on my old RX7, and a magnaflow exhaust on my old MX3 though I'm not entirely certain of its specs since I didn't have it that long but both were really irritating on the highway.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think it was covered in another thread, but KFX now has a 2-door or a 4-door option. I guess in the past it was only 4-door.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
QUOTE (Shingo1-6 @ Jul 1 2010, 06:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338011
I think it was covered in another thread, but KFX now has a 2-door or a 4-door option. I guess in the past it was only 4-door.
In the past, the exhaust simply did not fit. Trust me. I bought the exact same one from EvoFusion 2 years ago. It was about 1.5 ft too long for the car, the bends made no sense in relation to the undercarriage of the car, and it was pure stainless and every single exhaust specialty shop I asked said there's no way to weld it without some epic factory welding equipment (not your typical TIG welder).

BUT that was 2 years ago and it now appears that Bill @ KFXPerformance has a new exhaust that StevenWang tried and it fits.

·
Registered
63 Posts
QUOTE (Sleeper @ Jul 1 2010, 11:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338110
Different than the one offered currently for the 2dr?? How interesting...will it come with resonator?
That's what I was thinking. If it does come with something inline, then I won't have to choose between an exhaust that's too loud and having to get a shop to do both a muffler and resonator together.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts