Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
once our sonata's are done, what is everyone thinking for their next car? i had an awkward conversation with mom askin me if i wanted her 3 series when she passes away and i was like uhhh yeah? anyway....curious to hear what other people have their eyes set on...i feel like our NF's are reaching that point

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm actually looking at getting something a bit bigger, in the cross-over range. Top of my list is a Q5 (if I can afford it), or maybe a Subaru XV (looking for the AWD as well).

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I'd love to get a VW diesel, but them is expensive. I'll probably get an Elentra. I like the new, non-dowdy styling and six-speed.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Keeping the NF for daily local commuting (We drive from NY to Sarasota Fl. 3-4 times a year so retiring the NF from this), wife and I actively looking at the Subaru Legacy sedan.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interesting post. With only 69k on my 09 I expect I will be driving a NF for another 4 or 5 years. If and when I go for a new car It will be something in the way of a luxury sport tourer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Probably gonna be tuning my sonata, maybe some mods to get it looking sporty, but after that is a dodge magnum R/T. Absolutely love the looks and power, while keeping a lower profile than a tricked out sonata with underglow.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I sold my sonata a few months ago when I moved out here to Ohio. So I just ordered a 2014 Focus ST. Was going to get a 2013 STI, but was just outside my budget and the Focus (while it is a front wheel drive car) outperformed the non STI WRX, while being slightly more affordable considering my x-plan pricing on ford products through my employer. I test drove both and I was suprised on how much I enjoyed the Ford. (The leather recaros are amazing!)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Sigh...I would love to dump my Sonata but I can't justify the financial hit.

My next car will be something with better driving dynamics. I have a few models in mind.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I sold my sonata a few months ago when I moved out here to Ohio. So I just ordered a 2014 Focus ST. Was going to get a 2013 STI, but was just outside my budget and the Focus (while it is a front wheel drive car) outperformed the non STI WRX, while being slightly more affordable considering my x-plan pricing on ford products through my employer. I test drove both and I was suprised on how much I enjoyed the Ford. (The leather recaros are amazing!)
Man I drooled over the ST when it as rumored to come out. I would have ordered one if it was an AWD system. I would love to hear your reviews of it one you accept delivery. I'm very curious on the torque steer on a 260 horse, 270 lb torque, 3000 lb car.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Focus ST & Top Gear Review...

Man I drooled over the ST when it as rumored to come out. I would have ordered one if it was an AWD system. I would love to hear your reviews of it one you accept delivery. I'm very curious on the torque steer on a 260 horse, 270 lb torque, 3000 lb car.
FIRe_ANT, Check this link to Top Gear and Jeremy's review of the ST. While not the exact Focus ST you mention or that IVO has ordered it gives plenty of juicy tidbits to wet ones appetite! I remember seeing the episode and Clarkson was quite impressed. I would love my 2000 Accent Hatch to have these credentials under the hood! :eek: Talk about wet!

First drive: Ford Focus ST Mountune - BBC Top Gear

For me, a Genesis Sedan...

·
Registered
205 Posts
FIRe_ANT, Check this link to Top Gear and Jeremy's review of the ST. While not the exact Focus ST you mention or that IVO has ordered it gives plenty of juicy tidbits to wet ones appetite! I remember seeing the episode and Clarkson was quite impressed. I would love my 2000 Accent Hatch to have these credentials under the hood! :eek: Talk about wet!

First drive: Ford Focus ST Mountune - BBC Top Gear

For me, a Genesis Sedan...

Just some food for thought on your accent.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Yes!!!

Just some food for thought on your accent.

hyundai accent turbo - YouTube
Killer! I absolutely love it. 148MPH, wow! I would love to have that power and speed in my Accent but have it look as it does now. It would become the T-Rex in sheep's clothing. Here is my Accent. I bought it new off the lot in 2000. 47K original mileage.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
I didn't even consider it as an option, as I wanted an AWD hatch as well. It wasn't until I learned of my ford discount that I even looked at it. I test drove it about 2 weeks ago and like I said, I was very impressed. I drove it pretty hard (the sales person didn't like this very much ?) and the torque steer was noticeable, but not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be after all the reviews I read/saw. I recommend driving one if you are considering something in that class. The features you get, along with the performance, all for the price, is quite impressive. For about 2k more than I paid for my sonata, I get quite a lot more car IMO.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts