Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
There is a feature on the rear camera to help one know how much space is needed behind the vehicle in order to open the liftgate.... Maybe that would help address this desire you have.... When I first brought mine home, I did not pull into the garage far enough for the tailgate to clear the garage door, walked near the back of the car with the FOB in my pocket and opened the liftgate into the garage door. Lesson learned, I make sure I pull in far enough now to clear the garage door behind me. Hope it helps!

Auto Trunk Pop Delay. I like the automatic trunk pop feature but my garage is a little tight and depending on how far I pull the car in I sometimes have to scoot sideways behind the trunk. If i'm not quick, I sometimes end up having to close the trunk.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The thing that’s bothered me the most is that the built in garage door openers only work when the car is running. I routinely forget to close them until after I’ve shut the car off. Not a big deal because I can just close them with the button inside my garage after I get out but still somewhat annoying. My wife’s Traverse buttons work when the car is shutoff.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
341 Posts
The thing that’s bothered me the most is that the built in garage door openers only work when the car is running. I routinely forget to close them until after I’ve shut the car off. Not a big deal because I can just close them with the button inside my garage after I get out but still somewhat annoying. My wife’s Traverse buttons work when the car is shutoff.
That's interesting... On our Palisade (and on my older 2012 Sonata), it works even when the car is off. Wonder why they changed it for the 2020 Sonata.

What's kind of funny is that I've seen people complain about that on the Palisade forums, arguing that it allows someone to break your car window, open your garage door and get inside your house. I think that if people park on the street, they shouldn't program the Home Link buttons in the first place, which would solve that problem.

So I'm with you. I prefer it if they work even when the car is off.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata SEL
37 Posts
The radio remains on even after switching off the car, as long as the driver door is not opened... battery is still powering lights and radio (for some short period of time...).

Have you tried using the Homelink buttons when the car is switched off before you open the driver / any door?
(I have an SEL without Homelink so cant test)

·
Registered
2020 Sonata SEL Plus (+Tech Package)
414 Posts
There is a feature on the rear camera to help one know how much space is needed behind the vehicle in order to open the liftgate....
That's what it's for! I missed that in the manual. When I was out practicing backing up like a 16 year old, I noticed that view and couldn't figure out what the lines were for. I guess it's different than the red line. Thanks!

Auto Trunk Pop Delay. I like the automatic trunk pop feature
I just wish it didn't come with such an audio production. "Yes, everyone looking at me, I am standing here watching my car beep loudly." What's missing is a foot activated trunk.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes, this. Except often I forget to open it before I turn off the car...which is more annoying.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The radio remains on even after switching off the car, as long as the driver door is not opened... battery is still powering lights and radio (for some short period of time...).

Have you tried using the Homelink buttons when the car is switched off before you open the driver / any door?
(I have an SEL without Homelink so cant test)
Yes, it does not work.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i must be the opposite. we are totally impressed with the car, and right now, to us, it is intimidating. nothing we have ever owned is even close. we are in our mid 70's, and several times while driving, both my wife and i have almost hit another car because we didnt see it. and a couple of people in the parking lot, too. at the moment, both of us are not comfortable driving it, because of so much tech. every time we discover a new feature, it is always, "wow. that can really help us". btw, if the trunk is opening because it senses the fob, you can turn that off in the infotainment thingy. i am impressed with the engine. i think most people get hung up on horsepower, and dont understand how important torque is, or the torque band. compare the specs with the 2.5 na, it has more hp(big deal), but way less torque. more important, the 1.6 reaches max torque at 1500rpm, i think the 2.5 has to go to 4000. and, the 1.6 has a really nice, flat torque curve, full torque to just past 4k. the transmission is impressive. very smooth, and it seems like the shift points are exactly were we want them. we tried the ventilated seats the other day, boy, did our butts get COLD. my only complaint would be that the passenger seat should have power height adjustment. oh, and the paint is the best we have seen.

·
Registered
157 Posts
the 1.6 reaches max torque at 1500rpm, i think the 2.5 has to go to 4000. and, the 1.6 has a really nice, flat torque curve, full torque to just past 4k. the transmission is impressive. very smooth, and it seems like the shift points are exactly were we want them.
Agreed. I've had people comment on the acceleration/pull when I wasn't really punching it. I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hmm, I hope it fits. It does say 2020 but also says 2015-2019 which is what the original set of mudflaps I bought said and they weren't even close to the correct shape.
Ya, I'm not sure and I didn't order it. It's on my wishlist and pretty cheap, so I'll see how happy I am with the other first.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I also figured out the difference between "sport" and "regular" mud flaps. The base cars have a matte black finish on the bottom trim pieces that run around the card and the the high-end models have gloss black. Same mud flap in either matte or gloss.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I also figured out the difference between "sport" and "regular" mud flaps. The base cars have a matte black finish on the bottom trim pieces that run around the card and the the high-end models have gloss black. Same mud flap in either matte or gloss.
i just installed a set of the mud "flaps". they suck. they are so tiny, aint no flappin' here. i hope weathertech comes out with a real set.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
341 Posts
Which one is which?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts