Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here's what I can find by searching Smart Trunk TSB Smart Trunk Technical Service Bulletin "Smart Trunk TSB" "Smart Trunk Technical Service Bulletin" "Smart Trunk" TSB .... 493 results with the words Smart and Trunk and Technical and Service and Bulletin. So, any help would be appreciated. I do think they mentioned that there was one when I talked to them about it in April 2020.
try this site. enter your VIN number up top and see the service bulletins for your car.

service bulletins lookup

·
Registered
13 Posts
If it opens less than 7 1/2" then you possibly have a claim, if greater than 7 1/2" don't bother. You can click the "Contact Us" link, or contact the dealer.
Wait really? What models does this apply to? I have a 2016 sonata and the trunk basically only unlatches, maybe lifts an inch. I didn't know that wasn't normal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's been awhile, but wasn't there supposed to be a recall to fix the trunk on the Sonata that only pops up about two inches now? I got a letter about the possibility of the engine blowing up recently, but I never also saw a follow up on this deal? With the pandemic in full swing, I hestitate to take the car in for anything, since I've never gotten in and out of the dealership in less than three hours. And, masks or not, I'm not going to sit inside.

So, any updates on this stuff? And how long it should take to do? I'd request they leave my windows open during the entire process as well and not to wipe it down with clorox bleach wipes ...

How long can I wait? Do these expire? What's the deal on getting them fixed "in time?"

Thanks in advance.
Clorox bleach wipes can ruin your interior, they probably have something that wont destroy your interior,LOL :)
My trunk problem on my sonata is it opens by itself intermittently! I use the Armor-all wipes (never the spray) on my interior.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts