Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hitting bumps, breaking too hard or closing the door sometimes causes the horn to honk briefly. It sounds like something is shorting. When I drive down a bumpy road you can hear little honk chirps randomly firing. It sounds like I'm honking at people. I'm worried one of these days the horn is going to start honking and stay on. Does anyone know where the possible short might be?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had this on a different car. A small screw inside the wheel (part of the horn mechanism) had come loose. It would bounce around in there, and when it got between the metal pieces it would make the connection and activate the horn.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the late reply. It doesn't do it when I bang on the steering wheel. I've tried banging and shaking the car and it doesn't do it. But sometimes when I go to open or close the door it will. And usually when I hit bumps. A rough road will cause it to go off maybe on 10% of the bumps. Little horn chirps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.