Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the wife is buying me new wheels for christmas since i sold the ones i had but idk which ones to get.or if i should get them staggered or not 18's 0r 19's or if i should just go 8.5 or 9 all the way around but anyways here are some pics of the wheels im looking at.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Nov 22 2010, 03:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373890
the second one and third one is HOTTT. vsxx replica and rota grid im assuming. make sure you lower it too though... and definatly no feeling the first wheel lol

yea that the ones i was going for the most its lowerd already on h&r's now staggered or non staggered because i do have a full car on the weekends

·
Registered
337 Posts
ahh your so lucky heh ive been trying to find a gun metal set of the third ones on there in 18's used but no ones willing to deal them for an ok price =(
id say as long as you go with something thats not ugly ''look at me im so shiny and need attention but weigh a ton'' chrome your makin a good choice

·
Registered
337 Posts
QUOTE (downhiller88 @ Nov 22 2010, 08:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373944
^rota grids are pretty affordable man, bran new only set off to about 1000...

yeah but i tend too be cheap lol unless i know for sure its something i wanna put my money into......hehe that an i got lucky with the wheels i have now,I got them with free rubber although they arent the best tires all said an done i was only out $300 when i put my 17's on hehe

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
rota grids (3rd) are def the nicest but the price tag is not justifiable. i just ordered a set of xxr 522s last night for $440ish shipped. i got them in 17x9 but u could get them a few sizes bigger for just a few more bucks. unfortunately the same doest apply for car tires (after size 16 all other sizes seem to get exponentially more expensive).

the xxr 522 is pretty similar to the grid (one more spoke and a little more concave) but you save $$$

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (alfu @ Nov 23 2010, 09:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374081
rota grids (3rd) are def the nicest but the price tag is not justifiable. i just ordered a set of xxr 522s last night for $440ish shipped. i got them in 17x9 but u could get them a few sizes bigger for just a few more bucks. unfortunately the same doest apply for car tires (after size 16 all other sizes seem to get exponentially more expensive).

the xxr 522 is pretty similar to the grid (one more spoke and a little more concave) but you save $$$

Yea those are the ones I'm looking at the xxr 522 in18s

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (alfu @ Nov 23 2010, 07:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374344
if you 18 u can do 18x9.5 38+ with 235 45 18

thats what i wanted but i wanted chunkier and cheaper tires so i went with the 17x9

best price around can be found here
http://discounttires.com/detail_wheels.php...category=CHROME

theres a $25 rebate on xxr 522 and shipping is cheap

the best i found local was $480 (in my size)
Im not sure if i should do 9.5 because i usually have a full car on the weekends unless i get my fender rolled which my friend could do for me. but 9.5would give it a nice aggressive look

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
QUOTE (papi8186 @ Nov 24 2010, 08:05 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374476
Im not sure if i should do 9.5 because i usually have a full car on the weekends unless i get my fender rolled which my friend could do for me. but 9.5would give it a nice aggressive look
Since you seem to want to play it safe then go for 18x8.5 35+mm with the same tire size (235/45) and you shouldn't rub.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts