Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did you feel about the sfs when you first bought it? Difference from your previous vehicle or ones that sfs had but not your previous car?

·
Registered
870 Posts
I really liked the extra room in the SFS and some of its modern amenities but I have to be honest and say I miss the build quality of my TSX and also the fuel economy it had. I'm surprised I don't have to pay a gas guzzler tax with the SFS.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I really liked the extra room in the SFS and some of its modern amenities but I have to be honest and say I miss the build quality of my TSX and also the fuel economy it had. I'm surprised I don't have to pay a gas guzzler tax with the SFS.
Loved it! But wished my wife didn't talk me out of the lux version!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Agreed with everyone....well except I don't have a wife. IMO gas mileage is nothing to write home about. Most comfortable car I have owned too, also most powerful.

Coming from a manual trani and being in the city my most thankful thing was thank god an automatic trani.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Having bought a CM Santa Fe 18 months before the DM was launched, I'll just give my first impressions on test driving the DM.

Many cabin materials improved, including the seat leather, but not all - a step in the right direction.

Car lowered by 25mm, improving ride and handling, but increased risk of grounding damage.

3rd row seat access, not applicable on North American SF Sport, is poor and you need to be a contortionist to get in.

Don't like the styling, too tasteless and modern - but then I'm old-fashioned.

End result - won't buy another Santa Fe until the 2019 EM model comes out - but might buy a Land Rover Discovery in 2016/7 if they use the same all-alloy platform of the 2014 Range Rover Sport.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Happiness as now I get to drive the car I really like, my wife's former 2004 Saab 9-5. She is very happy with the SFS, so a win win situation until I saw the monthly charges for gas.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've only driven my SFS T to work once since having the it, but is compares well to the 4 cylinder Equinox i used to drive daily. Their highway mileage is overstated unless you have a 30-40 mph tail wind. My avg was 27mpg, (2010 Equinox claimed 32mpg highway. Never came close) but that was with 95-98+% highway driving. I could easily get that in the SFS T.

We love our and looking forward to the EM.

·
Banned
532 Posts
Happiness as now I get to drive the car I really like, my wife's former 2004 Saab 9-5. She is very happy with the SFS, so a win win situation until I saw the monthly charges for gas.
Here, here.

Gas is running 40-46% of one our $600+ monthly Visa bills. I'm looking forward to winter blend and gas below $3.40.9/ US gallon.
....now if I can figure out how to fill up without getting gas on my gloves...:frozen:

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
....now if I can figure out how to fill up without getting gas on my gloves...:frozen:
If that's an issue with a petrol/gasoline car - don't buy a diesel.

Petrol/gasoline evaporates fairly quickly at ambient temperatures, diesel doesn't so the soles of your shoes will get a layer of diesel on them and your hands will as well.

Disposable gloves are usually provided though.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Shock that I actually did it. Glee that I didn't have to drive the Genesis Coupe anymore.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Love it. quite impressed with all the little features like the door handle light up. Rear access opens when I am near with the key.
Surprising amount of power from the Turbo. I think partly due to light weight of a 2L 4 banger and having max torque at 1750 rpm.
This turbo has more power per litre than a BMW M5. 540HP from 4.4L
Only things I am not happy about.
The light over the front power outlets is not bright enough.
The side visors introduce a little wind noise at times and the rear ones leave part of the window exposed to let in rain when the window is down even an inch.
Other than that very happy.
Very smooth and quiet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts