Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally I find this radio so quiet in comparison to anything else I have ever owned, I love me some LOUD hard rockin tunes, but I really dont like it that I listen to my radio typically set of 30-35 on the volume, if I could guess thats about 85%-90% of max power it seems. What volume does everyone else listen to?

I did tap an amp into my rear speakers so I could add a subwoofer but I was listening in the 30-35 range even before that.

Side question, would aftermarket speakers make the stock system any more efficient? If I bought new speakers would it make better use of the power and drop my listening volume at all?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Personally I find this radio so quiet in comparison to anything else I have ever owned, I love me some LOUD hard rockin tunes, but I really dont like it that I listen to my radio typically set of 30-35 on the volume, if I could guess thats about 85%-90% of max power it seems. What volume does everyone else listen to?

I did tap an amp into my rear speakers so I could add a subwoofer but I was listening in the 30-35 range even before that.

Side question, would aftermarket speakers make the stock system any more efficient? If I bought new speakers would it make better use of the power and drop my listening volume at all?

I listen #10-15 depending on vehicle speed, windows up, A/C cranking. #35 would make me go deaf I think.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? maybe there is something wrong with my radio, in my wifes Kia Soul I listen the the radio at about 25% volume and am more than happy :eek:

Now that I have tapped into the speaker wires for a subwoofer, I guess I will never know or be able to have the dealer look at it :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
I listen to mine at 30-35....when I'm listening to the Ipod (which is most of the time) but when I'm listening to the radio its at 20-25. I think the volume level of my Ipod is jacked up or the radio buffers it for some reason.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have to say I like to listen to my rock music loud! I can honestly say i have NO problems with the stock system. I came from the 12 Elantra sedan, and the sound system sucked by the way! It depends on the source i have found in my GT. Sat radio, i have to turn up more around 25 to hear it "normally" for me..lol. When i am streamin music from my iphone over blue tooth, i can listen to it "loud" at 28-30. If i really wanna crank it up, i have gone as high as 38, and the rear view mirrow is shaking! haha...also make sure you look in the settings and dont have the speed vol control on...

·
Registered
560 Posts
I finally found the speed-dependent volume settings, so it's set around 20-25 for most times, but if I'm really motoring, it's around 30 or higher depending on the song..

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm.. I will have to look though the settings and see what everything is set to, never even thought of looking there are as I liked how it sounded

How does the speed control work, the faster you go the louder it gets to compensate for road noise? I noticed when in a parking lot I am happy with it in the mid to high teens, but when driving around I am in the high 20s, and up to 35 depending on the music.

·
Registered
560 Posts
yeah -- it adjusts to your speed. There's 4 options on how sensitive it is (I think) - off, low, medium, high.

It's under the setup menu > sound > on the 2nd screen (iirc).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Good information! I wondered why my radio didn't seem to adjust as ambient noise levels increased. Seems the factory default setting is OFF. Selected the medium level, see how that works next time out and about.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The sound is very low compared to my 04 Grand Prix.

It also depends on what the source is.

Windows closed cd/usb usually around 20-27 (depends on how loud I want it) so it is not too bad.
AM (I Listen to am 590 on my way to work).. I have to really crank the volume at least 24+ .
XM is in between.
(yes I have the "super" base on and the speed volume as well..)

Over all compared to my Prix the sound system in this car is very poor.

But I knew going in it was not going to be the best.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Before i amped my front speakers, but after i added a subwoofer and amp, plus replacement speakers, I found that 27 was the sweet spot for daily driving with windows up and CD playing. Louder when led zeppelin came on.:p

I also found that the auto volume control did not do much, that is until i amped my front speakers. Now i find the sweet spot at about 8, and activating the auto volume REALLY makes a difference in how it sounds in relation to how fast i am going.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Before i amped my front speakers, but after i added a subwoofer and amp, plus replacement speakers, I found that 27 was the sweet spot for daily driving with windows up and CD playing. Louder when led zeppelin came on.:p

I also found that the auto volume control did not do much, that is until i amped my front speakers. Now i find the sweet spot at about 8, and activating the auto volume REALLY makes a difference in how it sounds in relation to how fast i am going.

Are you running two LOC's? Are they both stashed behind the the factory head unit?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Are you running two LOC's? Are they both stashed behind the the factory head unit?
I am running speaker level into an audiocontrol EQX that is in the trunk. From there i have RCA out to a rockford mono amp, and a hifonics odin 2 channel amp for front speakers.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I turned on that auto adjust sound setting, put it on high and now I am happily listening to music in the low 20s :)

I have a K&N intake system and a custom exhaust so my car is a little louder than stock so I do need to turn it up to get it over the engine noise :D

·
Registered
616 Posts
20-25 most of the time. If it's a good song, I'll turn it to 30. :) I find anything over 30+ is a little hard on the stock speakers and it starts to lose clarity.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Since I've done a whole system upgrade aside from head unit since I can't find a suitable upgrade for it as of yet. But I usually listen to it at 5 to be able to listen to the music and have a convo. 10-15 if I'm alone and at 15, it's extremely loud already!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts