Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a hard time getting the black plastic body parts clean and am wondering what you guys use to clean and treat them. I do not really want something that will need to be renewed everytime I wash it, though.
Any suggestions??

·
Registered
230 Posts
This has been discussed before, but I ended up with the autoglym plastic cleaner and protector. Works great. Apply it after cleaning it helps to repel debris and also hides alot of stuff that doesn't come off easily and leaves a nice sheen. You need some elbow grease to clean the plastic off though, no two ways around it. That stuff works great on the kick panels and sill plates as well. I have kids and use it on the back of the seats too. Great stuff!!!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
External, which is what I think OP is referring to, I used Chemical Guys Black on Black. Nice job of making parts nice and black and hiding blemishes. I am disappointed with the aerosol in that fine particles float up and land on my nice and clean paint. I have to essentially wipe the entire car down afterwards if I spray it directly on the plastic. It wipes off paint very easily, but just more work. So I started spraying directly on a dedicated rag, and wipe on that way.

Inside, I tried to avoid using anything for the first few months other than a damp rag. But, scuffs were building up so I went back to my tried and true 303 Aerospace Protectant. It provides a bit of sheen, but hides those scuffs really and makes it easier to clean afterwards. Being water based with UV protectants are added bonuses.

Could use 303 outside as well. But bought the Chemical guys to try it after reading rave reviews, and will use it up on the exterior. Not sure I will buy again unless they change discharge method.

·
Registered
13 Posts
:DI too was having trouble with the black trim, I installed a set of mud guards, my hope is that they prevent the road schmutz from getting on there!!!!:D

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
:DI too was having trouble with the black trim, I installed a set of mud guards, my hope is that they prevent the road schmutz from getting on there!!!!:D
I have had the mud gaurds since delivery, and no, it doesn't keep everything off the bottom trim. They do only extend down a couple of inches after all.

·
22,793 Posts
This has been discussed before, but I ended up with the autoglym plastic cleaner and protector. Works great. Great stuff!!!
Glad to see another AutoGlym enthusiast on here. Everything they put out is superior to the normal over-the-counter shelf stock. Not cheap. But GREAT!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts