Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

What would you Santa Fe pros think would buy a loaded 2014 SF Sport 2.0T AWD with Tech package and accessories?

All tricked out, the factory MSRP is $38,165 including destination. From the dealer pricing posted here recently, I figure Invoice at $35,962 including destination. That's a difference of just over $2,200.

I'm thinking there's probably another $1,500 in various holdbacks, trunk money, etc. to get to dealer cost, then Hyundai loyalty money of $750 and Motozuma (Hyundai) money of $500 for a total additional reduction of $2,750. This gives me an initial offering price of around $33,250 with a target sales price of between $33,500 and $33,750. TTL would then be the only add on top of the sales price.

Are these reasonable offering and sales prices for this vehicle, and are my math and estimates OK? Any other ideas on how to drive the cost down further? Any and all comments are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
:00000732:
I think your numbers are accurate, but I don't think you can get the car at true cost at this tine. If you're in no hurry to get the car, it doesn't hurt to start low. Walk if they don't accept. If they call you later with a counter offer, decline and make them a counter offer. Repeat process until the dealer stops calling. Then you have a good idea on how low they'll go. To see if you can buy for less, try the same process with another dealer.

My guess, at this time you'll get about $2K off MSRP, plus rebate & Motozuma savings.

Good luck and let us know how you do.
John

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could be right, John.

Seems like I'm getting initial quotes (no haggling yet) quite a bit lower than invoice, but all of them have at least a $500 hidden kicker for "dealer processing" or "doc" fee. Adding the fee in brings me right up to invoice. I figure once I have three or four of them hungry, I'll play them against one another to shave the fees off and the first one to dip into holdback will get the deal. We'll see...

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Truecar.com
Huh? What do you mean by this? Will Truecar.com get me the best price from a dealer? Will it tell me how to negotiate? Or do it for me? Will it provide me service vouchers and discounts (Costco), substantial cash discounts (USAA, Motozuma), or killer financing (PenFed)? What are you trying to say?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Huh? What do you mean by this? Will Truecar.com get me the best price from a dealer? Will it tell me how to negotiate? Or do it for me? Will it provide me service vouchers and discounts (Costco), substantial cash discounts (USAA, Motozuma), or killer financing (PenFed)? What are you trying to say?
Huh? It so easy to find it by typing in the URL and hitting the go button in your browser instead of asking 6 questions. Most members can help you to the right websites/tools but it is up to you to take it forward.

An excerpt from their website...

TrueCar has tied up with some dealers who can give you a better price than the MSRP. So what does that mean for you?Our Certified Dealers have sold more than 951,000 cars, saving consumers more than $2.3 billion. We power car buying programs for the nation's largest and most respected service organizations, including American Express, Consumer Reports, PenFed, Nationwide, Geico, USAA and hundreds more. Because our dealers want access to our massive and well-informed car-buying audience (you!), they provide upfront Guaranteed Savings in an attempt to win your business. When a TrueCar Certified Dealer gives you a price, you know it's a better deal.
TOTAL CARS SOLD
951,000+
TOTAL SAVINGS
More than $2.3 Billion
Total Savings is based upon total vehicles sold through TrueCar Certified Dealer network since inception in April of 2006. This number is an estimate of the total amount of savings off of the MSRP saved by members.

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Huh? It so easy to find it by typing in the URL and hitting the go button in your browser instead of asking 6 questions. Most members can help you to the right websites/tools but it is up to you to take it forward.
What are you, a complete idiot? My original post delineated specific information and included specific questions regarding that information. I did NOT ask how or where to buy a car! Address yourself to my specific questions and explain to me how a post containing ONLY "truecar.com" answers ANY of them. Further, explain how your "explanation" does anything to advance the discussion or address my points. Dolt.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What are you, a complete idiot? My original post delineated specific information and included specific questions regarding that information. I did NOT ask how or where to buy a car? Address yourself to my specific questions and explain to me how "truecar.com" answers ANY of them. Dolt.
Not a complete idiot but trying to help some one who want to be spoon fed. Apart from specific information you also requested for this, for which the other member provided the website.

From your original post...

Any other ideas on how to drive the cost down further? Any and all comments are appreciated.

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not a complete idiot but trying to help some one who want to be spoon fed. Apart from specific information you also requested for this, for which the other member provided the website.

From your original post...

Any other ideas on how to drive the cost down further? Any and all comments are appreciated.
And I posted regarding Costco, PenFed, USAA, etc. all of which use the Truecar search engine to search USA inventory and provide dealer contacts and pricing programs for AMERICANS. Canada is NOT a part of either the search, the results returned, or the area of interest of the vast majority of Hyundai customers - myself included! So please take your GTA and keep it in the GTA; you have NOTHING to contribute here and even less to of value to say to me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey everyone, new member and first time Hyundai owner as of Friday!

Just bought a 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0L Turbo FWD w/ Tech package (carpet floors, cargo tray and net) here in the Midwest and so far love it. MSRP was $35,910, got mine for $32,400 (and there were zero hidden fees whatsoever). I did a ton of research and called around 40 Hyundai dealers in addition to checking various Hyundai dealer's websites daily to be sure I could find the exact car I wanted. Hyundai.com's inventory search is average at best and felt going directly to the dealer's websites was the smartest route.

This process lasted for a week then found a dealer with the exact car I wanted listed at the price I paid for it listed as the internet sales no haggle price (tried to haggle a little bit but this was just out of habit because I felt I was still getting a good price for a 2014 this soon). I was amazed because the closest any other dealer came up with was $33,500 (provided I was willing to drive to Texas to pick it up). Additionally, took my trade in car to at least five other places and this dealer still beat everyone else on my trade in by $1000. Financed the rest at 1.9% with Capital One which was the best deal out there (750 credit score).

I know it's not an AWD williakz but hope this helps! Cheers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey everyone, new member and first time Hyundai owner as of Friday!

Just bought a 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0L Turbo FWD w/ Tech package (carpet floors, cargo tray and net) here in the Midwest and so far love it. MSRP was $35,910, got mine for $32,400 (and there were zero hidden fees whatsoever).
That is a great price! The local dealers around here that publish internet prices on their websites actually have zero discount off MSRP on their '14s.

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MSRP was $35,910, got mine for $32,400...

Financed ... at 1.9% with Capital One which was the best deal out there (750 credit score).

I know it's not an AWD williakz but hope this helps!
Thanks a ton for the info. This is exactly the kind of DATA that really does help me in my Hyundai dealings. I hope you enjoy your new SFS.

·
Registered
15 Posts
In short, I'd be prepared to travel a distance if you want to find the best deal. GoBlue99 is right on with regards to most dealers showing no (or little discount) off the MSRP. Forgot to mention I ended up driving 2.5 hours to save the $4K. But worth it...

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
...most dealers [are] showing no (or little discount) off the MSRP.
I really don't get this. Don't you guys use buying programs? The LEAST I've see on any of the programs I use is $1,500 off MSRP. And membership in PenFed is yours for a $15 or $20 contribution to a military family charity. Its financing CANNOT be beat. In February I got 0.49% 48 mos money. In July it was 0.74% 48 mos. Now it's 0.99% 48 mos money, but STILL! Costco membership has an annual fee, but it returns 3% on just about everything you charge which easily covers your membership fee. Also, Costco gives you 15% off all parts, accessories, and service at the dealer of your choice as well as a one-time $200 voucher for same. And, because both are TrueCar affiliates, they refund your insurance deductible TWICE up to $500 each time. Also, if you become a Costco member and get their American Express card, guess what? You're also a member of the Amex buying club. And so on and so on...

Do you guys use these programs to leverage your starting positions or do you just go bare-arsed up against the dealers? What gives? Note that I am NOT recommending any specific program over any other and I have no financial interest in directing new members to sign up. I am simply giving examples of the benefits associated with auto buying programs over and above those available through common inventory search services such as TrueCar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Deal

Just purchased a '14 SF S T w/Tech last night. Went through 3 dealers

A. Trade In $16,000 w/$4,000 off MSRP
B. Trade In $17,500 w/$3,350 off
C. Trade In $17,500 w/$5,000 off
Guess who in went with?
This was WITHOUT the Military-Collage-Valued Customer

Looked at other brands too and i was getting 17,000 to 18,500 on the front end. Wondered what the backend would be on the 18,500.

Drove and looked at them all up to the mid $50s and kept coming back to H. Keep telling everyone who has a negative to H to go look and drive and then tell me what u think.

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just purchased a '14 SF S T w/Tech last night. Went through 3 dealers

A. Trade In $16,000 w/$4,000 off MSRP
B. Trade In $17,500 w/$3,350 off
C. Trade In $17,500 w/$5,000 off

Wondered what the backend would be on the 18,500.
OK, so let's deconstruct Barry's missive. MSRP on 2014 SFS 2.0T FWD with Tech and the usual accessories (floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net) is $35,910. So, with Dealer #3 the obvious choice, Barry got his unit for $30,910 with anyone's guess as to doc fees, dealer packs, etc. Furthermore, Barry has not provided here ANY information regarding his trade-in beyond the tantalizing prospect that it could have fetched $1,000 more than he sold it for. Hmm. Do we have enough info here to make any conclusions? I'm not so sure. What say you, Barry?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
OK, so let's deconstruct Barry's missive. MSRP on 2014 SFS 2.0T FWD with Tech and the usual accessories (floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net) is $35,910. So, with Dealer #3 the obvious choice, Barry got his unit for $30,910 with anyone's guess as to doc fees, dealer packs, etc. Furthermore, Barry has not provided here ANY information regarding his trade-in beyond the tantalizing prospect that it could have fetched $1,000 more than he sold it for. Hmm. Do we have enough info here to make any conclusions? I'm not so sure. What say you, Barry?
My conclusion is, because a trade was involved, you can't really determine the true discount Barry got.

Some of the so called $5000 discount could be attributed to the trade. Some dealers will take some money from the trade-in value and pad the discount with it to make it appear they are giving you a big discount. Or, another way of saying it, the dealer appears to sell the car for less, but makes up for it on paying less for the traded car.

Dealer C is the best deal of the three. But without knowing the true value of the trade-in, and doc fees, I can't tell if this is a good deal/discount.
John

1 - 20 of 29 Posts