Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I have an '02 accent 1.6L. The fuel pump went out so i replaced it (actually the entire sending unit). The car ran fine for a week after that until it decided to quit at the grocery store. Had it towed home and checked it with the scan tool. I had code P0111. From what I understand it would be the MAP sensor. I replaced the sensor and still wont run. It will crank but wont fire. So im back to a fuel issue. Yes, i installed a new fuel filter as well so it cant be that. What am i missing?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,318 Posts
Hello Matt, welcome to the forum 00000732

Does your scan tool allow you to view the engine sensor data? If so, take a look at the MAP and intake air temperature sensor data and make sure both are returning plausible values. MAP should show the ambient atmospheric pressure when the engine isn't running (ignition on), approx 29.92 inHg/1013.2mb at sea level.

You might also try starting the engine with the MAP sensor disconnected and see if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
Crank, no start
First we check all the fuses and relays (as much as possible)
Then we check for spark, fuel, injector pulse, compression, timing, exhaust (clog),
air (egr, pcv, IAC, purge valve, etc)
Hopefully one of those will lead you to the issue

For possible fuel issue, spray starter fluid into intake
If it starts then dies .. could be fuel system issue
If not then back to the drawing board

If there is no spark and no fuel injector pulse then could be crank sensor

Considering the recent work done ....
Many times when one changes the fuel assembly, there is an O ring which is on the fuel pump ...
The pump works but it can't create enough pressure for the injectors to work properly
Sometimes the new pump doesn't come with it .. for whatever reason
So transferring the O ring is necessary for the proper function of the fuel pump

Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
My daughter's 2000 accent had a similar problem. It was the wiring going to the pump that was the problem ...down near the pump itself. I had seen on a Forum at the time that it seemed to be a common fault. You may want to check that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts