Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just talked to the Dealer who's making me a great deal on a Limited Turbo when they come in, maybe 1-2-3 weeks, (I'm just outside Philadelphia). So all signs point to me being a future owner.
The Sales Manager was adamant on NOT giving me the car with the 17" Limited rims. Apparently there was a lawsuit in the past so they MUST have the factory 18"ers. Unfortunately for me, and unlike the 2.4 offerings, Hyundai made the 18" standard on both SE turbo AND Limited turbo.
I don't like the look of the 18", I know I'm not going to like the highway ride we both commute with. I'm also concerned about the wifey having the car at work and driving it home in snowy, slushy conditions over the winter, and I'm not into a "winter" set of rims and tires.
I really like the look of the Limited Sonata w/ the 17" shoes.

So do I outright buy the 17" rims and put on tires ? Anyone have an idea of the cost of the 17" rims from Hyundai ?
Sell the 18" rims and tires on Ebay ? What would they be worth ?
Find a Limited owner in the Philly area wanting to make me a deal to trade sets ? (of course my tires would be brand new and higher priced).

All this for the Turbo, when the Limited has the tires/rims we want. I must really want the Turbo. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (Plasma George @ Nov 12 2010, 05:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371205
So I just talked to the Dealer who's making me a great deal on a Limited Turbo when they come in, maybe 1-2-3 weeks, (I'm just outside Philadelphia). So all signs point to me being a future owner.
The Sales Manager was adamant on NOT giving me the car with the 17" Limited rims. Apparently there was a lawsuit in the past so they MUST have the factory 18"ers. Unfortunately for me, and unlike the 2.4 offerings, Hyundai made the 18" standard on both SE turbo AND Limited turbo.
I don't like the look of the 18", I know I'm not going to like the highway ride we both commute with. I'm also concerned about the wifey having the car at work and driving it home in snowy, slushy conditions over the winter, and I'm not into a "winter" set of rims and tires.
I really like the look of the Limited Sonata w/ the 17" shoes.

So do I outright buy the 17" rims and put on tires ? Anyone have an idea of the cost of the 17" rims from Hyundai ?
Sell the 18" rims and tires on Ebay ? What would they be worth ?
Find a Limited owner in the Philly area wanting to make me a deal to trade sets ? (of course my tires would be brand new and higher priced).

All this for the Turbo, when the Limited has the tires/rims we want. I must really want the Turbo. :thumbsup:
I am sure you'll find a bunch of folks who will be willing to swap their 17" for 18".

·
Registered
80 Posts
Too bad you're not in south Florida. I have a limited with 17s, 2 weeks old and would love to trade for the 18s.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Just came from the auto body shop this afternoon and they are replacing one of my wheels and tire etc etc

Anyway I have alimited with 17" and the replacement cost on the estimate is $362....

I told him I wanted the wheel as it is only scratched, he said there is a core charge from where he is getting the wheel and if I paid that I could have the wheel....

So that gives you a very rough idea of an approximate 17" wheel cost.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Drexx3 @ Nov 12 2010, 07:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371236
Too bad you're not in south Florida. I have a limited with 17s, 2 weeks old and would love to trade for the 18s.
No doubt they can be shipped. My 300 has 2007 17" rims I got off Ebay. He individually wrapped each tire and rim and sent them separate. probably $20 per.
I also work at a Co. that does regular truck shipping, so I could get a quote from Fedex Freight loading dock to loading dock.

Of course mine will be brand new. If I can find someone to make a deal/swap, I would buy the Turbo.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I personally think the 18s look nicer than the 17s. The slightly lower profile along with the more curved spokes is more appealing to my eye.

If anyone with like age/condition SE or turbo wheels wants to swap for 17" from a Limited (and is in/near South Florida) let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts