Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got this dent.....and I have no idea, as there is no scratch from a branch or something like that.

For size comparison:

What to do?? Any way I can do something myself without bringing it to shop? It looks small but its really noticeable. Thx

·
Registered
920 Posts
I have the same exact dent. Slightly smaller but deeper. I left it as it would be too much to get it fixed and IMO not worth it. Some shop said they would need to compound mine. Dont know of its true or not but none the less I left it as is.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
That's in the roof rail, I have a couple of minor ones too. The only option is to find a good pdr guy who uses glue pulls.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's in the roof rail, I have a couple of minor ones too. The only option is to find a good pdr guy who uses glue pulls.
I saw that at AutoZone. Worth it for me and my buddy to give it a try?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Find someone in your area who does paintless dent removal. They can probably fix it for a nominal cost without the need for any body work.

·
Registered
554 Posts
You will find dentless places may not work on these locations on a car. Cost me about $200 to fix a similar dent on the B pillar. Regular paint type body work.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I say paint less dent repair also. I had 2 dents repaired on my roof from dropping my roof rack on my car. It was $150 total. I saved a few bucks by dropping the headliner for the guy.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I saw that at AutoZone. Worth it for me and my buddy to give it a try?

I wouldn't try it yourself, because it's possible to pull it too high, then you'll have to tap it back down.

Some of the pdr guys are old skool and haven't got into the glue pulls. If they say they don't use them just say "thanks" and find another one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks like a dent from a golf ball or some type of ball. Dents like this happen frequently in loading and unloading during transit as well. No big deal to fix with today's technology:)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You will find dentless places may not work on these locations on a car. Cost me about $200 to fix a similar dent on the B pillar. Regular paint type body work.
How does it look after you got it repaired w/ paint?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
A good dent removal person can repair that entirely from the outside if they have to.

I had one done like that on my Black Camaro where he couldn't get behind the panel. He gently tapped the outer edges around the dent with a plastic hammer and the dent started to come out slowly. Then he attached a special suction cup to the dent using hot glue and he used a slide hammer to pull the dent out. The suction cup breaks off a few times while he is doing that so he just hot glues it again. When he was done you couldn't even tell where the dent was. Cost me $100.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
A good dent removal person can repair that entirely from the outside if they have to.

I had one done like that on my Black Camaro where he couldn't get behind the panel. He gently tapped the outer edges around the dent with a plastic hammer and the dent started to come out slowly. Then he attached a special suction cup to the dent using hot glue and he used a slide hammer to pull the dent out. The suction cup breaks off a few times while he is doing that so he just hot glues it again. When he was done you couldn't even tell where the dent was. Cost me $100.
This a million times. Go to an REPUTABLE, experienced guy. I had dents like that all over my aluminum bodied Fusion four days after purchase thanks to a hail storm. I was devastated and didn't want any bondo or other crap on the car. Nor did I want it sprayed.

I did a bunch of research and found a guy within an hour of me that has been doing it for 18+ years. We had a conversation so I can set expectations and he opted to do the glue method personally so I would be happy. I didnt want trim panels removed for fear of rattles in the future. On top of that the body is double sheet aluminum....a chore to work with. You cant tell at all that the car was hammered with 150+ dents from dimes to half dollars.

My guy would most likely quote 150 for that sized dent. To me its worth it as seeing it would drive me batty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts