Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (orlzx6r @ Jun 19 2010, 10:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334566
What tire pressure are you running and why? In my 07 SF GLS I'm running 35psi as I feel it handles best, could be the placebo effect?
I tend to run whatever psi gives me even wear across the surface of the tire. 34psi for a while now, and doing fine. My crappy OEM Bridgestones are wearing evenly (and quickly). Those Grabber HTS shoes are on daddy's short list. That said, if performance is the immediate issue, it's a matter of trying to help get the car "neutral" -- avoiding understeer or oversteer due to inflation given the way the rest of the car comes from the factory.

As for running higher pressures -- in the front, it will make the steering feel more responsive. We used to jack up our stock tire pressures on the front to as much as 40psi to run Solo II rallies back in the old Class F stock SCCA days. Certainly wasn't recommended for street use, but safe enough for short runs through the pylons, and it really did quicken up the steering response and reduced understeer.

For a typical front driver these days, a competition setup might put the fronts at 35~45psi and the rears at 30~40psi if everything else is balanced.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
30 psi all around, as per the factory recommendations.

I used to run higher pressure, but found that the slightly crisper steering response wasn't worth the harsher ride and skittish cornering grip.

·
Registered
62 Posts
35 front, 32 rear. You can check for even wear by drawing chalk lines across the tread, driving a little and see how the wear patter is.

DON'T forget the Spare! My limp along was down to 28# ! :eek:

·
3,861 Posts
QUOTE (MTTwisterr @ Jun 22 2010, 04:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335319
35 front, 32 rear. You can check for even wear by drawing chalk lines across the tread, driving a little and see how the wear patter is.

DON'T forget the Spare! My limp along was down to 28# ! :eek:
Are those pressures on the stock tires? I went up to just 32 all around and the ride was unbearable with the stock tires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts