Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
00 Sonata GLS; 06 Sonata GLS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for front door speakers for my '00 Sonata GLS because both of mine have dry rotted and fallen apart. I don't want to spend a lot of money as I got this car for free and use it mostly for a beater for work.

I have found some used OEM's for sale on the internet but the part numbers are not the same. I see that '99 to '01 are to interchange.with each other, but the ones I was looking at had part numbers stamped on them that I cannot find anywhere on the internet to verify fitment. The listing says they are from an '01 but I cannot verify it. The part numbers in question are 96330-38200 (driver/left door) and 96330-38700 (passenger/right door).

Are there any other part numbers or years besides '99 to '01 that will work?

Thanks in advance for your time.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The numbers you mention are for the speaker along with the plastic ring/spacer it sits on. The speaker alone can be replaced with any 6.5"/165mm system you are willing to afford. Will just need to solder the connecting cable/plug from the rotten original speakers to the new ones so it will plug into the original harness. This is valid for any Sonata from 1996 to 2005 (Y3 and EF generations, probably also NF) and a row of other Hyundais of the era (like my Trajet/FO). For the real good sound I have fitted a rainbow component system with a separate crossover, driven by a bull audio 700W amp in the trunk of my Optima GD (Sonata EF in disguise) ...
On my previous Sonata Y3 I just threw in some 30€/set no-name 'SinusTec' speakers from ebay dealer:

·
Registered
00 Sonata GLS; 06 Sonata GLS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
E3Tom, Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts