Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the doors front and rear have 6 1/2...what about the rear deck?...I think there is only one speaker up there. And what size are the speakers up front on the dash? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Speaker size

It is an 8" subwoofer if your car is equipped with one.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Doors are 6 3/4 but 6 1/2 will fit too with out major issues. Factory dash speakers are 2 1/2. I have successfully placed a 3 1/2 with just a trim on the speaker mounting holes. Sub is a 8 but I never tried installing so I do not know of the aftermarket fitting issues.

depth is 3 1/2 or just under on the doors and very big on the dash holes. sub is around 5 inches before you MAY get some issues with the trunk bars.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Was down on the list a bit.

2011 Hyundai Sonata Car Radio Wiring Information
Car Radio Battery Constant 12V+ Wire: Red
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12V+ Wire: Blue
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Blue
Car Radio Dimmer Wire: Gray
Car Radio Antenna Trigger Wire: Red
Car Radio Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Tweeter Size: 3 1/2″ Speakers
Car Audio Front Tweeter Depth: 2 1/2″
Car Audio Front Tweeter Location: N/A
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Orange
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Blue
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Blue/Orange
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow/Orange
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: 6 1/2″ Speakers
Car Audio Front Speakers Depth: 3 1/5″
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: N/A
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Pink
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Green
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): White
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: 6 1/2″ Speakers
Car Audio Rear Speakers Depth: 3 2/5″
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: N/A
Car Subwoofer Speaker Positive Wire (+): N/A
Car Subwoofer Speaker Negative Wire (-): N/A
Car Subwoofer Speaker Size: 8″ Subwoofer
Car Subwoofer Speaker Depth: 5″
Car Subwoofer Speaker Location: N/A

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
doesn't sound at all like i have a subwoofer in my car...gonna have to check tonight on the size and what it is.

·
Registered
578 Posts
doesn't sound at all like i have a subwoofer in my car...gonna have to check tonight on the size and what it is.
8" for the sub (dual voice coil) in the rear deck.... replaced mine with an Image Dymanics ID8 powered by an Alpine MRV-M250.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can someone help me, bit confused with the types of speakers to install.

do you install a 2/3 way speakers? or different? for front and rear doors

and also what wattage/rms should i be looking at??

Thanks for any help!!

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
Really depends on the type of stock setup you have... do you have a dimension or infinity sound system? (says on the front door). If so, a 2 or 3 way front door speaker won't do you that much good since it's mostly mids/midbass through that speaker. If you don't have the factory amped system, a 2 or 3 way is fine (either really, it's more dependent upon manufacturer than anything)

·
Registered
204 Posts
anyone know how to easily delete the front dash speakers? i want to put compoennts in the doors but i'm not sure how to "cut" the dash speakers out of the loop and be certain all frequencies are doing to my compoennts

·
Registered
204 Posts
anyone know how to easily delete the front dash speakers? i want to put compoennts in the doors but i'm not sure how to "cut" the dash speakers out of the loop and be certain all frequencies are doing to my compoennts
to be clear, i looked at the hmaservice schematics. it looks like the front two are wired in parallel? there's no legend for this awful website. it refuses to display in firefox, i finally got it to show me something in IE, but sheesh. anyway, am i right that they are in parallel? but where does the wiring split off. i know out of the radio its only one + and -. does it "T" somehwere under the dash to each speaker, jump from one speaker to the next or what? like i said, i just want to unhook the dash speakers, as i won't need them, but i want all frequencies going to my 6 1/2" component set i will be putting in the door

·
Registered
166 Posts
Its pretty simple to pop the dash speaker covers unscrew the speakers and just unplug them. Just use a plastic prying tool to avoid damaging/scratching the plastic covers. DO NOT USE A SCREWDRIVER to pop the covers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts