Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the rust belt so need some snows and know far better than using just one set of rims. Mine has the 205 /65 /16's OEM. I want to hit the scrappers and get something to put snows on and am not concerned with TMP idiot lights or sizes. In fact when it comes to snows I don't even want low profiles due to the needless cost.
Does anyone out there know which size rims will fit this car and clear all the goodies like tie rods, fenders and caliper assemblies? I do know that quite often other makes cross reference nicely as well but can't seem to find any solid references. I'd be happy with something along the line of 195/70's or similar. Also, by chance does a 15" rim possibly fit? I did that with my Hondas and chevy's for decades. So what are you other Rust Belter's running???????????

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
There are lots of other threads that already deal with the wheel questions. In one paragraph or less:
16" minimum diameter
5x114.3mm bolt pattern (GM/Subaru/large Ford&Chrysler do NOT fit)
67.1mm center bore (Honda/Toyota/Nissan do NOT fit)

Compatible wheels are found on Kia (Optima/Forte/Rondo), some Mazda (3/6) and rebadged Mazdas (Ford Fusion/Focus), some Mitsubishi (Eclipse/Galant) and rebadged Mitsubishis (Dodge Avenger&Caliber/Chrysler Sebring)

You want 205-65-16 or 215-60-16 for tire size.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I don't want anything wider than 205 for a winter tire. That's been a no no since they invented the things, narrower being better. If it's gotta be a 16 do you know the spacing offhand by rim width in inches or mm. So I take it nothing but a Hyundai rim will fit.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Rim width should be 6 to 7 inches, and you don't need to worry about offset as long as it's a wheel from a front-drive platform. Recent Hyundai/Kia and the Mazda/Ford and Chrysler/Mitsubishi models listed above should work. I ordered my tires as a kit - a set of four mounted and balanced on steel wheels with hubcaps. The wheels work out to about 55/ea but no worries about corrosion or bends/kinks and almost $100 saved on mounting/balancing/valve stems/etc. If you want to add the sensors for TPMS (The Problematic Money Sucker), they can be installed for an extra $212.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts