Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALRIGHT, so .. I am a recent owner of a 2011 Sonata SE w/nav. I went to the #1 dealer around.

Here's what I got. Since I wanted an SE w/nav and they weren't really settling with my deal, they called me outside to show me this car. This car is a silver 2011 Sonata, tinted windows, red calipers, has almost 5k miles. The car was owned by their PARTS MANAGER. Everyone that works there said he is extremely anal about the car and trust me I could tell. Not one scratch, not even a fine scratch from automatic car washes, it was garaged already has the HomeLink Mirror. Thing was absolutely clean.

Poor guy has a motorcycle accident and is currently handicapped and can no longer drive any car. So Hyundai that he works at bought the car off him. They bought the car 2 weeks ago from Monday. I bought it that same week they got the car, ( Sat ). So long story short here, I bought the car because it already had everything I was going to do to it so its saving me money on a few mods, plus I got the car cheaper than I expected. Perfect deal.

One problem, they sold the car without having a title. So here I go sign papers thinking they have the title and ready to take it home the next day and they call me saying their waiting on the **** title. So its going to make 2 weeks I've been waiting on Saturday, and my first car payment is due on the 11th of OCT. Saturday is the 11th. So my thinking was, since they kept me waiting for so long, have them pay my first month for me. Or work out some type of deal, I mean they already said I already have 5 free oil changes .. Honestly I don't give two $hits about that.

So what can I do about this situation, I'm not going to void the deal because its a great deal. They did say it should be here ANY day now, funny thing is they said it was going to be in Today .. NOT.

Help me here lol. (some stuff might not make sence I typed fast because i'm in a rush)

·
Registered
72 Posts
QUOTE (arruda89 @ Sep 9 2010, 05:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355339
ALRIGHT, so .. I am a recent owner of a 2011 Sonata SE w/nav. I went to the #1 dealer around.

Here's what I got. Since I wanted an SE w/nav and they weren't really settling with my deal, they called me outside to show me this car. This car is a silver 2011 Sonata, tinted windows, red calipers, has almost 5k miles. The car was owned by their PARTS MANAGER. Everyone that works there said he is extremely anal about the car and trust me I could tell. Not one scratch, not even a fine scratch from automatic car washes, it was garaged already has the HomeLink Mirror. Thing was absolutely clean.

Poor guy has a motorcycle accident and is currently handicapped and can no longer drive any car. So Hyundai that he works at bought the car off him. They bought the car 2 weeks ago from Monday. I bought it that same week they got the car, ( Sat ). So long story short here, I bought the car because it already had everything I was going to do to it so its saving me money on a few mods, plus I got the car cheaper than I expected. Perfect deal.

One problem, they sold the car without having a title. So here I go sign papers thinking they have the title and ready to take it home the next day and they call me saying their waiting on the **** title. So its going to make 2 weeks I've been waiting on Saturday, and my first car payment is due on the 11th of OCT. Saturday is the 11th. So my thinking was, since they kept me waiting for so long, have them pay my first month for me. Or work out some type of deal, I mean they already said I already have 5 free oil changes .. Honestly I don't give two $hits about that.

So what can I do about this situation, I'm not going to void the deal because its a great deal. They did say it should be here ANY day now, funny thing is they said it was going to be in Today .. NOT.

Help me here lol. (some stuff might not make sence I typed fast because i'm in a rush)
Welcome. Quick question, is the first payment due the 11th of September or October? You say October in the post, but then you say Saturday is the 11th so just a little confused. At any rate it sounds like a good deal. If they can get their crap together in the next couple days I would say stick with it. If the first payment is indeed due on Saturday I would see if they could work some kinda deal since you had to wait. Either way I think you will be happy.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I guess it couldn't hurt to ask the dealer to cut you a break on the first payment, but you said you already got it for a good deal. Theres only so low a dealer will go, and its pretty well knowin that it takes a couple weeks for the state to issue a new title. That is perfectly normal and something that maybe they should have told you, but you also should have known yourself.

If you're worried about making a payment without having the title in your hand, I think you're going to be ok. This is a dealer we're talking about, not a private individual looking to rip someone off.

Personally, I would pay the payment and be happy I got the car I wanted for the price I wanted, and got a couple extra cool mods to go along with it.

Edit: Oh, and I see you're from Roscoe. Tell Danica Patrick I said hi, and do me a favor, next time you go by there, go get some pie from Sophia's Restaurant near the intersection of 251 and Bridge St. That place is AWESOME!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I honestly don't mind paying the bill I made it. But they said they'll do something extra for being so patient with the process. I could try the payment but I was thinking the 30k maintainence charge should be voided when it's time. So idk what I'm going to ask for but they said their willing to work with me.

And I didn't know they didn't have the title until I called them 2 days after I bought the car asking what's the hold up and that's when they told me the whole title situation.

Not like I'm making a huge deal out of it. It's just frustrating.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (arruda89 @ Sep 10 2010, 12:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355402
I honestly don't mind paying the bill I made it. But they said they'll do something extra for being so patient with the process. I could try the payment but I was thinking the 30k maintainence charge should be voided when it's time. So idk what I'm going to ask for but they said their willing to work with me.

And I didn't know they didn't have the title until I called them 2 days after I bought the car asking what's the hold up and that's when they told me the whole title situation.

Not like I'm making a huge deal out of it. It's just frustrating.
I definitely agree they should have been more forthcoming, but what can ya do?!

I think the offer to cover the 30k maintenance is a great idea. That way, later on down the road, you dont have to come up wiht that money in addition to whatever your car payment would be in that same month. Thats great that they're so accommodating. I only hope the dealerships down by me are equally good.

****, if they're not, Roscoe is only 2 hours from me, I would be more than willing to drive 2 hours to buy a car from a dealer that is accommodating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts