Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
2.4 Sonata has NGK IRIDIUM in it from factory.... Use the NGK IRIDIUM when doing replacement.

Be aware that the plugs in the Hyundai head have a longer thread reach, so take a plug out and use the plug number printed on the porcelin to get correct replacement plug..

We keep them on shelf in our parts dept, so other dealers should have them too.. Not had to replace any under the mleage service yet.. Iridium plugs should run to 100,000 as called out in service guide... if you wish to replace sooner, thats your call.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
QUOTE (craigbrooks @ Aug 28 2010, 10:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352667
Perry how in the hades are you? Good to see you back here. Still in the Sonata I see and I'll wager a 2nd trans fluid change has happened...eh? Well maybe not but what the heck.
Hey Craig, how's everything? I don't get a chance to go online much anymore. Working like a dog. Yes, the Sonata has gone through it's second tranny fluid change and the Santa Fe it's first. The Santa Fe's drain plug is above the sub frame, needed to make a short angled funnel out of a Hawaiian Punch bottle.

·
Registered
172 Posts
So, not even one person has an answer yet for NGK part number other than pulling one out from the car?
My car has almost 100K miles so I will pull one out and post the number...

·
Registered
689 Posts

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
QUOTE (ToddKY @ Sep 1 2010, 07:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353673
Sparkplugs.com doesnt have a listing for the 2008 Sonata 2.4L I4 either.
That's really interesting. I looked at the owners manual, there's no info there, which is unusual. I check Autozone, they don't show NGK iridium, or any kind of NGK for that matter. They had Autolite and Bosch iridium.

While I can't recommend it for you, I think I'd buy the AUtolite iridium from amazon.com. They were only $6.99 with a two dollar rebate per plug.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought the Autolite IridiumXP at Orielly's. They seem to have help alot. She just filled her tank this evening and she is back up to 27.5 MPG according to the cars computer.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
QUOTE (ToddKY @ Sep 1 2010, 09:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353706
I bought the Autolite IridiumXP at Orielly's. They seem to have help alot. She just filled her tank this evening and she is back up to 27.5 MPG according to the cars computer.
Oh, that's really good. Yeah, I was gonna that..... one day I'll spend some money on my car.

Did you get a rebate form for your plugs? Here, I got it...

Attachments

·
Registered
689 Posts
QUOTE (ToddKY @ Sep 1 2010, 07:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353673
Sparkplugs.com doesnt have a listing for the 2008 Sonata 2.4L I4 either.
Like I said earlier, NGK has not updated their listing since 2006. So, you need to do the search as if your car is a 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.4L I4. The 2006-2010's all used the same plugs, so it doesn't matter. I don't know how much easier I can explain it, I even gave you the link.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
QUOTE (Perry Manessis @ Sep 2 2010, 12:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353831
Like I said earlier, NGK has not updated their listing since 2006. So, you need to do the search as if your car is a 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.4L I4. The 2006-2010's all used the same plugs, so it doesn't matter. I don't know how much easier I can explain it, I even gave you the link.
Yeah, you gave me the link, for a 2006 Sonata and never said in your reply that it was the same as the 08 through 2010. Dont assume that people know what you mean when you reply when you dont give all the information. So as far as I am concerned you can take that link and shove it straight up your @ss you smart @****.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
QUOTE (ToddKY @ Sep 2 2010, 06:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353900
Yeah, you gave me the link, for a 2006 Sonata and never said in your reply that it was the same as the 08 through 2010. Dont assume that people know what you mean when you reply when you dont give all the information. So as far as I am concerned you can take that link and shove it straight up your @ss you smart @****.
Dude, bad attitude. Relax, it's just a forum. We do try to help you around here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts