Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2016 HSH has almost 100K miles on it now and it has been trouble free and getting 45+mpg in the summer. Great car. For longevity, what items do I need to address - brake fluid, timing belt, tuneup, transmission - that kind of stuff? Are any of those problem areas?

Pete

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have just over 81K on mine and been relatively trouble free and I'm getting up to 60 MPG driving economically in the summer. Excellent vehicle. I have gotten all the recalls done, how about you?
You should probably look into the HSG belt which is recommended at 60K. Have you had to replace the 12V battery yet? I'm still going on my original 12V. You may want to do a trans fluid changeover. I'm thinking to do that soon. My brakes and system are like brand new almost.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding. I did not have the HSG belt done...missed that. I have done all the recalls and I love the luxury at a reasonable price. I got one of the loaded ones and the air conditioned seats are worth their weight in gold. Don't know about changing tranny fluid. Would appeciate opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
641 Posts
Not sure how mechanically inclined you may be but it is something (trans fluid change) one can do on their own. A nice/knowledgeable guy on here @vinnyg has a thread on doing the trans fluid change. Or pay to get it done as well. I had an idler pully go out and making noise under warranty at about 55K miles so I bought a new HSG belt at that time for them to install (belt is a wear item not under warranty).
I wish mine was loaded, I just got the SE version, but happy with the efficiencies it has provided back. I'm most concerned about the electronics and HEV battery etc after 100K warranty is up.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Misc stuff -
- Spark plugs

- Transmission oil

- Engine coolant

- Hybrid coolant for HSG / Inverter, be aware, the hybrid side need coolant pump cycle via GDS to burb air out

- Drive belt,, you would think I should know better, but I think the NU Hybrid only has 1 belt, and I seem to recall you need tool to collapse and hold 1 of the tension arms, the other is held with pin

- Brake fluid flush, might consider step up to DOT-4, pressure bleed the entire system to have new clear fluid out each bleed screw, want to say there is also fluid in AHB to bleed also

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Not sure how mechanically inclined you may be but it is something (trans fluid change) one can do on their own. A nice/knowledgeable guy on here @vinnyg has a thread on doing the trans fluid change. Or pay to get it done as well. I had an idler pully go out and making noise under warranty at about 55K miles so I bought a new HSG belt at that time for them to install (belt is a wear item not under warranty).
I wish mine was loaded, I just got the SE version, but happy with the efficiencies it has provided back. I'm most concerned about the electronics and HEV battery etc after 100K warranty is up.
Thanks for the kind words JKK. Here is a link to the thread regarding tranny fluid exchanges. We have over 130,000 miles on our 2011 now, still running great.

Reactions: JKK

·
Registered
500 Posts
my dealer recommended a whole list of stuff for the 100k mile checkpoint. Not sure which ones I should definitely get over which ones are kinda unimportant but I plan on spacing them out over next year especially if I should get them all done.

1. Transmission Fluid Flush $309.99
2. Brake Fluid Flush $185.00
3. Fuel Rail Service $185.00
4. Ethanol $28.99 (I can try to explain this one)
5. Coolant Flush $199.95
6. Tires $579.99 (not for the 100k just because they're getting low on tread)
7. Alignment $129.95

I assume it's a good idea to get all the flushes done, I'm not sure any of them have ever been done on the car. I do have an Alignment on record performed at about 55,000 miles by the first owner.

Altogether this could cost $1000+ so of course I want to space it out but I don't know if any of these are easily done by the average Joe. I am leery of the coolant flush because I've had a bad experience with coolant in the past I couldn't trust myself not to screw it up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
my dealer recommended a whole list of stuff for the 100k mile checkpoint. Not sure which ones I should definitely get over which ones are kinda unimportant but I plan on spacing them out over next year especially if I should get them all done.

1. Transmission Fluid Flush $309.99
2. Brake Fluid Flush $185.00
3. Fuel Rail Service $185.00
4. Ethanol $28.99 (I can try to explain this one)
5. Coolant Flush $199.95
6. Tires $579.99 (not for the 100k just because they're getting low on tread)
7. Alignment $129.95

I assume it's a good idea to get all the flushes done, I'm not sure any of them have ever been done on the car. I do have an Alignment on record performed at about 55,000 miles by the first owner.

Altogether this could cost $1000+ so of course I want to space it out but I don't know if any of these are easily done by the average Joe. I am leery of the coolant flush because I've had a bad experience with coolant in the past I couldn't trust myself not to screw it up.
What is the fuel rail service and "Ethanol"? Looks fishy to me.

·
Registered
500 Posts
What is the fuel rail service and "Ethanol"? Looks fishy to me.
The "ethanol" service has something to do with standard gasoline if I remember correctly. Maybe it's an additive they use but ethanol does **** to cars that I guess the service undoes?

It just says "ethanol" on my service receipt so that's the best I can tell you. Neither of those are top on my list to get done anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts