Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals,
just trying to find out what the wheel offset for a 1999 Hyundai Sonata is. My tyres are just about done, but rather than buying just another set, i'd rather get some cheap second hand alloys for it too, but i don't know what offset i need to be looking for.

Thanks for any help, cheers! :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hello psshhhht,

One thing that I think you should consider carefully.

Australia has a veritable flood of cheap alloy wheels available, usually from China.

The trouble is, a lot of them simply don't measure up to Australian road conditions. They buckle and bend far too easily when abused.

A cheap alloy is just that....disposable.

A cheap SECOND HAND alloy is very poor buying. You are unable to tell what sort of life the wheels have had, how many potholes they have been done and how hard they've done so. You can't see by just looking, any hairline cracks that may be in them which could cause wheel failure at a most inconvenient time.

Think too about why the seller is selling them. Perhaps HE/SHE knows how big that last pothole was that prompted them to sell them...

If you are going to buy cheap, then at least get NEW ones and treat them carefully, if they aren't built to ROH standards. You can get wheel/tyre packages starting from about $5-600.

Cheers,

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts