Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 2015 SF Sport and am learning about it and the Navigation system.. I have notice a strange item mounted just to the drivers side of the rear view mirror behind the dot matrix sun shield.. Pictures show what I am taliking about.. I asked the sellers service dept but they said it was a camera or something but this vehicle does not have stay in your lane system.. anybody know what this is or used for??

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have that on my SF as well and I’m pretty sure it’s a condensation sensor to measure inside the vehicle for the climate control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have that on my SF as well and I’m pretty sure it’s a condensation sensor to measure inside the vehicle for the climate control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're correct. That's the sensor for the auto defog feature for the windshield.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Reactions: danprime47

·
Registered
24 Posts
mystery sensor

I have that on my 2017 SFS and NO ONE at the dealership knew either. They thought it had to do with auto lights to come on but the sensor at the middle of the dash (blinking red light) does that job. I covered it during the day and all vehicle lights went to night mode. Its listed in the big owners manual as an Option ("if equipped") for inside windshield auto de-moisturizing but its not listed on my Equipment window sticker when it was new. If so it never has initiated in the 15 months I've owned the car, but it looks impressive.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I had bad time trying to find in Manual and ETM.. seeing sombody say defog, I went back and look at defog in ETM...

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK...........what about this (see pic).....any idea what this light is for?

There is a light on the ceiling console.....I looked all thru the manual and every picture google had.....no reference to what it is.....is it just a courtesy light so I don't get scared of the dark?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Guess that is what it is. Just noticed it on mine last week and I have been driving it for three years......Not bright enough to do anything so really not sure what its purpose is.......

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, it's courtesy light. it's suppose to somewhat light up the cup holder area. That way you can (spin)line-up the cup drinking hole to your mouth and not spill the drink on you.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes, it's courtesy light. it's suppose to somewhat light up the cup holder area. That way you can (spin)line-up the cup drinking hole to your mouth and not spill the drink on you.
The only way I see that working for lining up a sip from my cup is if it was a laser designator:) As is, I find that light useless...

·
Registered
44 Posts
The only way I see that working for lining up a sip from my cup is if it was a laser designator:) As is, I find that light useless...
Sorry, what I meant is, you can spin the cup, so that the sippy hole is on the near side, rather than the far side and spill the drink on your.
But the light is far too dim, IMO.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sorry, what I meant is, you can spin the cup, so that the sippy hole is on the near side, rather than the far side and spill the drink on your.
But the light is far too dim, IMO.
Oh, your post was quite clear. Heck, the upper console could have a spotlight shining down on the cup holder and I'd still find a way to spill my coffee! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you to all who responded.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts