Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the little silver button on the key FOB? So i had not noticed it before since it is so small but my daughter and I both noticed it today...

I pushed on it to make sure it was a button.

EDIT: Oh Ok...It releases a key, I am trying to remember where it would fit, since there are no key holes on the doors or ignition...Maybe the glove box?

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
782 Posts
It's a "feature" so that it can be pushed while in your pocket so that when you take the fob out, it falls out somewhere and you can't find it, and all you have left is a key.

LOL! (just kidding, but it's happened several times to me). I *think* they make silicone covers to keep the key fob attached or something.

But otherwise it's a "valet" thingy so you can lock the glove box and then give the fob to the valet while you keep the key.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Make sure you actually use key in door cylinder once in a while so the door cylinder does not get stuck from lack of use...

First time you have dead battery, you be glad cylinder will accept key and rotate to unlock door the old fashion way

·
Registered
154 Posts
Make sure you actually use key in door cylinder once in a while so the door cylinder does not get stuck from lack of use...

First time you have dead battery, you be glad cylinder will accept key and rotate to unlock door the old fashion way

Good point.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Had customer at Toyota yrs ago with big thing of keys handed over for service,,, I took the key we need to operate car and toss rest in console.. lady and husband show up and pay,, she goes on to ask where her stuff was.... "in the console"... they come get me, and I walk out and proceed to say she cant het into car,, as she does not have remote to open door,, all the while standing there holding key....

I take key, and go to stick it in door... STUCK.... Back in and get can of spray,, shoot cylinder, and tap on key and it finally go in.. then I rotate and unlock door,,, she says I never use key, I use remote.. I proceed to tell her she need to use key every so often to keep cylinder free.. husband stand at other side of car with smirk on his face

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all the input :beer:

Apparently my vision is worse than I thought that I never saw the the lock on the door :frown:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Thank you for all the input :beer:

Apparently my vision is worse than I thought that I never saw the the lock on the door :frown:
That is just a key cylinder to actuate lock inside the door latch assembly

·
Registered
64 Posts
The manual key on the fob comes in handy for locking your doors on a ferry. The movement of the boat sets off car alarms if you lock it with the fob.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts