Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had backed up over a bag filled with grass and brush the other day. When I got out of car,all the grass was out and I had to pick it up before my neighbor got home. What was the funniest thing you guys have run over with your Azera?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I once ran over a guy from Florida... at least I think he was from Florida because he was yelling something about the sun and the beach.

·
Registered
357 Posts
A month after I get my Azera my wife ran over a large shrub. Accidentally. It had been showering, her shoe was wet and slippery and when she was putting on the brake at a parking lot, her foot slipped off the brake and off to the right and hit the gas. My. Barely. Month. Old. Azera. [face-sobbing]

Repair cost was estimated at $1200 until they pulled off the front bumper and found the fog lights had super special brackets that held them in place and one was broken, the other cracked. Total cost at repair shop: ~$2500 - $500 was our deductible.

·
Registered
357 Posts
To clarify, it was a large shrub that was just over the edge of the curb at the edge of a parking lot. She jumped the curb and stopped on top of the large shrub. It tore some of that black plastic "plating" stuff that protects the bottom of the engine and put a serious crinkle in the front bumper next to both front tires. On a brand-new car, even small accidents like that quickly add up in costs for parts.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
...expensive wife

Wow!

I had to go back and re-read this one in context with the previous responses to make sure that rainbow9 was not saying that he ran over his expensive wife in response to the original question! :eek:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well, it's going to be funny to you, but it wasn't for me :(. Running over a concrete curb 'pull-out' on the right side. Only the 2 right wheels hit, but damage was 4 grand since a lower control arm, strut, and subframe were bent. Paid out of pocket ($1K deductible) to avoid 3 years of increased premiums, losing the good driver status (meaning automatic premium increase), or both. And as a self-punishment for getting distracted for a fraction of a second with the radar detector. Since it was considered at-fault collision, it'd have ended up being a wash after 3 years either way IMO. Painful lesson, that even when you don't expect ANYTHING to hit, it can happen. I was leaving town, and had to go back home and grab another car for the trip (thankfully it was driveable, so didn't turn into a major inconvenience at that moment). And yes, the worst happened: dealer damaged the fender and bumper, so car is far from like new now :mad:... but I refused to remove any parts, so they were 'blended' with everything in place. Well, they were supposed to remove the mud guard, but the lazy bums didn't even do that. Oh well. Better NOT to hit your baby at all folks :D.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts