Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It says in the manual I have to replace it every 22,500 miles. I’ll be there tomorrow with my 2019 ioniq. What is it, and how do I replace it? I emailed corporate Hyundai, and they didn’t know what it was. Neither did my local Keyes Hyundai dealer. What happens if I don’t ever change it? I drive a lot, by the way. Over 60,000 miles per year.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Wow this is a new one to me also. 50 years in the trade and have never heard of it. "Engine clutch actuator fluid"? Please post undated info for all those like "US" that have no idea what it is. My guess is it's just the hydraulic clutch fluid "brake fluid" they are talking about but why add the word engine. The Koreans are still very dumb when it comes to English translation. I have a set of genuine I30 manuals and find it difficult to understand just what they mean when describing things.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
It says in the manual I have to replace it every 22,500 miles. I’ll be there tomorrow with my 2019 ioniq. What is it, and how do I replace it? I emailed corporate Hyundai, and they didn’t know what it was. Neither did my local Keyes Hyundai dealer. What happens if I don’t ever change it? I drive a lot, by the way. Over 60,000 miles per year.
There are three clutches on the Ioniq hybrid and plug-in - two are in the dual-clutch transmission, the other is between the engine and electric motor. It is the fluid for the latter that needs replacing every 22,500 miles.

The attached PDF are the 3 pages from the Ioniq service manual that cover the subject.

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sounds like a hydraulic fluid similar to DOT 3/4 brake fluid based on the "don't get it on the paint" warning.

Found a repair manual on a 2017 Ioniq: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Yaj1mhU93iYUhTLW1iRHNSQkE/view expands what was posted above and gives you additional systems. Unlike bleeding brakes to get air out , the procedure seems to require Hyundai GDS interface to actuate the system to bleed/re-learn. Wow things have gotten complicated with EV's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Getting my Hyundai ioniq serviced at somersworth Hyundai NH. They printed out a little chart, there is a special pedal the guy said they use to get all the air out, this is for the clutch actuator fluid. I'm doing my 30k service. I think its reasonable to assume just do it every 30k. I think 22 k is a little crazy. No problems with mine, think he said 140 bucks, bit inget 10 percent odd my entire sevice . Lol not much choice , but overall better 100 bucks then herky jerky clutch changes, i think that's why they recommend the changes because Hyundai has to switch from gas to electric alot. They are also resurfacing my rear rotors, I said just on new pads also lol, why put the old ones back on , even if they look ok, still its 30k . So they are doing that also, check your ioniq manual under maintenance and do whatever it says , and move the clutch actuator every 30k that's my advice after owning it. Oh , dont get aftermarket in cabin air filters, the Hyundai one has plastic reinforced ridges , it prevents noise when then the fan is on. I tried a cheapo at oriely auto parts i special ordered, and it worked, but noticed a louder hum sound then with the Hyundai one. Nothing wrong, just me I'm sensitive to little things. I realized that the plastic frame or top or whatever keeps the filter more flat and prevents making a gap which causes the wind to make a tunnel sound lol. Just some tips

·
Registered
3 Posts
Getting my Hyundai ioniq serviced at somersworth Hyundai NH. They printed out a little chart, there is a special pedal the guy said they use to get all the air out, this is for the clutch actuator fluid. I'm doing my 30k service. I think its reasonable to assume just do it every 30k. I think 22 k is a little crazy. No problems with mine, think he said 140 bucks, bit inget 10 percent off my entire service . Lol not much choice , but overall better 100 bucks then herky jerky clutch changes, i think that's why they recommend the changes because Hyundai has to switch from gas to electric alot. They use dot 3 or 4 brake fluid , I also looked at the chat it's TRUE
They are also resurfacing my rear rotors, I said just on new pads also lol, why put the old ones back on , even if they look ok, still its 30k . So they are doing that also, check your ioniq manual under maintenance and do whatever it says , and move the clutch actuator every 30k that's my advice after owning it. Oh , dont get aftermarket in cabin air filters, the Hyundai one has plastic reinforced ridges , it prevents noise when then the fan is on. I tried a cheapo at oriely auto parts i special ordered, and it worked, but noticed a louder hum sound then with the Hyundai one. Nothing wrong, just me I'm sensitive to little things. I realized that the plastic frame or top or whatever keeps the filter more flat and prevents making a gap which causes the wind to make a tunnel sound lol. Just some tips

·
Registered
3 Posts
Getting my Hyundai ioniq serviced at somersworth Hyundai NH. They printed out a little chart, there is a special pedal the guy said they use to get all the air out, this is for the clutch actuator fluid. I'm doing my 30k service. I think its reasonable to assume just do it every 30k. I think 22 k is a little crazy. No problems with mine, think he said 140 bucks, but I get 10 percent odd my entire sevice . Lol not much choice , but overall better 100 bucks then herky jerky clutch changes, i think that's why they recommend the changes because Hyundai has to switch from gas to electric alot. They are also resurfacing my rear rotors, I said just on new pads also lol, why put the old ones back on , even if they look ok, still its 30k . So they are doing that also, check your ioniq manual under maintenance and do whatever it says , and move the clutch actuator every 30k that's my advice after owning it. Oh , dont get aftermarket in cabin air filters, the Hyundai one has plastic reinforced ridges , it prevents noise when then the fan is on. I tried a cheapo at oriely auto parts i special ordered, and it worked, but noticed a louder hum sound then with the Hyundai one. Nothing wrong, just me I'm sensitive to little things. I realized that the plastic frame or top or whatever keeps the filter more flat and prevents making a gap which causes the wind to make a tunnel sound lol. Just some tips. Other than that every thing checks out good I think the chart says 30k service is like 179 dollars, includes slot. Whatever just do it. Gonna change the engine filter too.I hate tinkering with cars , its more of knowledge what to ask, and know what you need and dont need.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Can't you say what you have to say in one post? (instead of quoting yourself) :oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts