Hyundai Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 10527 Posts

·
Retired Staff
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in rush hour this afternoon and when I stopped at a light a bird landed on my roof. It hopped around then started messing with the shark fin. When I started moving it flew off. I also got a good deal on a part from a guy on craigslist and found a route to work with less traffic than my usual way.

·
6,836 Posts
Today...no work!

Had a fiasco with the DMV when trying to renew my license. I called ahead to make sure I had all the right documents. Go down there. First, I find out that they only take cash or check, so I make a quick run to the bank to get cash. I come back, wait a bit, then get called up. Find out I have the wrong copy of my marriage license (not the gov't stamped copy!) So I go all the way home to get the right one, and I also have my ever-patient hubby come with me to bring a piece of mail for proof of address, since I cannot find any mail with my name on it. (I don't get much, and I'd thrown every shred away!) I was trying not to cry so I wouldn't look stupid in my picture. Turned out bad anyway!!!

Then I went to relax over food and drink with my friend. Made my night a lot better. Now I am at home cuddling with my hubby. My Elantra is outside, not getting to cuddle. :(

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Not much, went to work as usual with my Elantra on a rainy day, I warmed up my butt with the heated seats.....it felt good. As the weather is getting colder it's getting hard to shift in first gear and I hate this. After work I must go to the store and I always enjoy driving my Elantra around town. It's a fun to drive car. ha well I am just saying stupid things.....lol have a good day to all of you.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I probably can't say what happened in my car yesterday.............. but it felt GREAT! :cigareta:

So how did you manage to see/know what was happening on your roof while in traffic?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Funny you should mention birds. On my way home last night it was overcast and approaching dusk so I had my headlights on. There was an instant where I was aware of something soft hitting the front of the grill. It was dark when I got home, but I could tell there was a little bird squished into the grill. This morning I saw the poor sparrow :(

·
Retired Staff
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I probably can't say what happened in my car yesterday.............. but it felt GREAT! :cigareta:

So how did you manage to see/know what was happening on your roof while in traffic?
I stopped at a light and saw the bird fly up to the car then heard him land on top front and walk all the way back then start pecking or something around the fin area. It was a large gray looking city bird.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I stopped at a light and saw the bird fly up to the car then heard him land on top front and walk all the way back then start pecking or something around the fin area. It was a large gray looking city bird.
Mommy?

Came home to find the package has arrived with new stuff for my Elantra.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Not much, went to work as usual with my Elantra on a rainy day, I warmed up my butt with the heated seats.....it felt good. As the weather is getting colder it's getting hard to shift in first gear and I hate this. After work I must go to the store and I always enjoy driving my Elantra around town. It's a fun to drive car. ha well I am just saying stupid things.....lol have a good day to all of you.

Funny you say that; as cold as it has been getting, my AUTOMATIC transmission is shifting as flawlessly as ever! :D

Today, I'm at work (since 8am), car is sitting in a heated underground garage, while it continues to snow periodically outside.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Today...no work!

Had a fiasco with the DMV when trying to renew my license. I called ahead to make sure I had all the right documents. Go down there. First, I find out that they only take cash or check, so I make a quick run to the bank to get cash. I come back, wait a bit, then get called up. Find out I have the wrong copy of my marriage license (not the gov't stamped copy!) So I go all the way home to get the right one, and I also have my ever-patient hubby come with me to bring a piece of mail for proof of address, since I cannot find any mail with my name on it. (I don't get much, and I'd thrown every shred away!) I was trying not to cry so I wouldn't look stupid in my picture. Turned out bad anyway!!!

Then I went to relax over food and drink with my friend. Made my night a lot better. Now I am at home cuddling with my hubby. My Elantra is outside, not getting to cuddle. :(
Okay that's a bit weird....I renewed my license yesterday, too. :eek: Which DMV did you go to?

·
6,836 Posts
Okay that's a bit weird....I renewed my license yesterday, too. :eek: Which DMV did you go to?
I went to the one in Gladstone. I know there's one on Powell, that might have been a little further away from my abode.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Bad drivers happened, but I guess everyone has their experience with bad drivers lol.
In my case I was waiting on a red light and on the other side of the intersection, a person drives up and uses my lane as a turning lane... Argg.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I went to the one in Gladstone. I know there's one on Powell, that might have been a little further away from my abode.
Ah. I was at the one on Park Way and 217 as that's literally five minutes from my house.

·
6,836 Posts
Ah. I was at the one on Park Way and 217 as that's literally five minutes from my house.
Ah, used to live over that way. Moved out to the Happiest Valley Ever in June. BTW, have you ever been to the actual TOWN of Happy Valley? It's like "little boxes on a hillside" with expensive-SUV-driving families with all-blonde children.

We lived in Tualatin before moving out here...there was a DMV really close to my house over there.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Right when the economy crashed, Happy Valley actually had the highest rate of foreclosure in the state and one of the highest in the country. As a result of all that bad news, I began calling it 'Unhappy Valley'. However, I did catch the Street of Dreams on Scott's Summit back in '08...that was freaking awesome but for the most part, HV is Merriam-Webster's entry for 'suburbia'.

I got my permit at the now-closed Allen Boulevard location in '01, took the driving test at Sherwood in '03 but took my written at the Powell location.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Today...no work!

A bad DMV picture can actually be a good thing.
I always thought having a picture or ID of myself looking like a drug addict would be cool. That way no matter how bad, I'll look cleaned up, sober, rehabbed and put together.

Haha yeah I didnt even think of that

What did you get?
A little suspense for the moment. Pictures and how-tos soon:laughing:

·
6,836 Posts
silvergls, it's because the stupid camera takes 5 seconds before it snaps the picture. So, you're holding your awkward face for, like, 4 seconds, then at the 5th second, the face gets super awkward. Mine looks like I am a psycho.

·
6,836 Posts
Right when the economy crashed, Happy Valley actually had the highest rate of foreclosure in the state and one of the highest in the country. As a result of all that bad news, I began calling it 'Unhappy Valley'. However, I did catch the Street of Dreams on Scott's Summit back in '08...that was freaking awesome but for the most part, HV is Merriam-Webster's entry for 'suburbia'.

I got my permit at the now-closed Allen Boulevard location in '01, took the driving test at Sherwood in '03 but took my written at the Powell location.
Yeah, I live in the "Scott Mountain" neighborhood, which is mostly older homes. My house is older but remodeled.

Sounds like you grew up in the Portland Metro area. I was actually born in the PDX area, but I grew up in different towns around Oregon (La Grande area, Florence, Grants Pass). Then I went to Oregon State. After college, did 3 internships in Portland and never left. :)

1 - 20 of 10527 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.