Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Oh, just a second ago, a guy took a picture of my charging port while I was in my car, lol. :puzzled:
Awwwwkkkwaaaarrdddd.

Woke up early to take my husband to work, but was so tired that I went home after dropping him off. While still out in Hillsboro, though, I checked my bank account to check on the status of a bill. Well, to my discovery, Blink also suddenly decided to bill me suddenly for my past charges. :mad: So my bank account was in the negative.

After getting home, instead of napping I made lunch, then gathered some clothes to sell so I could get some quick cash. On my way to selling clothes, I was photographed by one of those police vans with a radar! All I saw was a flash and immediately began to worry. I went back later to check if that was it, and it was. :(

I did get enough money to bring my account positive, and then was heading out through a parking lot when a family with small children ran out in front of me and I had to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting them. The mother gave me the dirtiest look. I think part of the problem is that my car is so silent, people don't know I'm coming, but who lets their kids run in parking lots, anyway? :mad:

Went to quick charge and met another nice Leaf owner, who bought his at the same dealer and at around the same time. Nice little break in the otherwise crappy day. Now I'm back in Hillsboro quick charging. Don't look forward to being in hellish traffic on the way home.

Another piece of bad news is that my sister was fired today from her job under somewhat similar circumstances as I, except she really didn't do anything to deserve it.
Ugh. 1. Police cameras are sneaky and I hate them! Fight it. 2. I -hate- when I'm blindsided by charges. Somebody could have warned me you were gonna take this money out of my account! 3. I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Did she like her current position? Maybe she can use this to pursue another passion of hers?

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Started my first day at work. I take a "back" way, or "shortcut" rather, that avoids freeways and is shorter. Got great range savings and didn't take too long.

Work was busy. They threw me right in there and I was helping people left and right. Managers seem pretty laid back so far.
I personally like the more laid back approach to leadership. Maybe I'm biased because that's my own leadership style. How'd you feel about it though? First day jitters? Do you think it will be a good fit as a part time gig?

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Today...

Kato (Chiweenie) chewed through the outer plastic on my extension cord that I use for my charger. :mad: I am surprised that he didn't electrocute himself! :eek:

Ran to Fred Meyer for some groceries. I wanted to charge a bit, but all spots near chargers were blocked by ICEs. That's what you call being ICE'd. I sat there in my car for about 10 minuts until someone finally came out and moved.

Later on, I washed my car, which was very dirty, as well as vacuuming and Febrezing the inside. Unfortunately, my stepkids are very smelly. Between having a ferret at their mom's house and not showering or brushing their teeth daily like normal human beings (I have to nag them to do such things) I have to put up with smell when they're here.
I should not have laughed as hard as I did about the lil pet electrocuting himself.

AND, people don't park in handicapped spots, so why do people park in spots designated for EVs?!

LLLLOLLL @ the smelly kids! Something else I don't understand. A child should not be so smelly (unless after a sporting event) that they funk up the car! No way!

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Here goes, LOL. B) I was at Fred Meyer and was hooking up to one of the Blink chargers, when a lady came in and blocked the other one with her Jetta. I was like, "Did you know that's an electric car charger?" She was like, "Yeah, I know." I said, "Well, when I drive up and the chargers are blocked, I can't refuel because my car doesn't take gas. It's inconsiderate to prevent electric car drivers from charging." Then I told her my slogan: "I don't block your gas pump, so you shouldn't block the EV charger."

She was like, "Ok, thanks for telling me," in a sarcastic tone, and instead of moving, just walked away. :eek: She had a little girl with her, and I thought by how bitchy she was acting, she was being a horrible example. And it's not that I was doing it for myself, because I already had a spot to charge, but more than once I have seen other Leafs trying to charge at the same time.

Now, I take into full account that I am outspoken, and in a city such as Portland, which is highly regarded as being passive-agressive, people such as myself are a rarity. So I don't expect ponies and rainbows when I say something. I just wish people would be a bit more considerate.

Other than that, had a decent day. Before Fred Meyer, went to Winco where I bought over $50 worth of groceries, but only afterward found out that if you do so, you can also get a turkey for 38 cents a pound (customer told me). So, although I had to wait at customer service for a while to see if I could get one after the fact, everyone was very friendly and accommodating, and I did get the turkey. An over 21-lb. turkey ended up being $8.00!
$8 Turkey is definitely a huge win, especially when you didn't have to jump through hoops to get it!

And I'm glad you stood up for yourself and EV drivers everywhere. People need to be aware of these things. There ARE signs and notices posted, right?

· Registered
1,027 Posts
I would advise Holly to wait 3 years to go rogue and damage somebody's car because of a blocked charger. I will have no problem representing her in court. Pro bono! (This message will self-destruct in 2 years)

· Registered
1,027 Posts
WOW Holly you actually did it! I'm impressed LOL they should have got the message. I'm studying the Enneagram right now (I bought the book and once had a one day formation by a friend of mine who teaches that) and according to the way you live and write stuff, the way you dress etc. You seem to be a #4 (Romantic) there are 9 types of personalities in the society, some of us already know some without knowing it's the enneagram, the pacific, the boss, the perfectionist etc.
So of course, I looked this up. Apparently, I'm an Enthusiast. The test was cool!Type 7. Enthusiast

· Registered
1,027 Posts
I am exceptionally happy that you find another job so soon! I really hope things turn around quickly for you. Feel better soon!

Even though it's not ideal, officey can be such a welcome break from retail life! I was a manager at a big box retail store for 5 years and I am so happy every day to wake up, come to work, sit at my desk, etc. I assist clients but they need me, and not the other way around.

It's so refreshing in that way.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Does anybody else read this thread like a novel? I sometimes find myself here reading with my head in my hands like "What's going to happen next?!" No? Just me? Ok GREAT!

Glad your mom picked a car, and a manual at that! She's awesome!

I fear for you trying to make the outlet work by wiggling and jiggling. I got a naaasssttyyy shock once. NEVER AGAIN.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Those chip cards are scary, I saw on TV a guy paying at a store with his credit card, he put it in his back pocket and a bad guy scanned his pocket with a device that read his card's chip. I always have my credit card in my wallet in my front pants pocket or in the front pocket of my winter coat.
They also have wallets with RFID blockers.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Thanks for this helpful bit of info. I meant my statement to mean that at least I've only got one card to worry about as opposed to several, but I didn't know about the reimbursements and such. Luckily, I've been OK so far, but my best friend had her info stolen through a debit machine and it was a total PITA.

Today, I hung out with her and we went to the zoo bc of free admission. I'm at a QC now and a Mitsubishi iMiev just pulled in next to me. First one I've seen at a charging station.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
THE most awkward looking thing. People really want to drive a golf cart ALL the time?

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Hmm, interesting.

Bad news today, found out I have a rare phenomenon, caused by past trauma (baseball hitting my jaw) that is now causing my gum cells to reject a tooth. I will for sure be losing the tooth, and my health insurance doesn't kick in for another two months.

I'd had a cyst there years ago that was biopsied and found to be non-cancerous, but now in that same area is where the tooth will be falling out due to no fault of my own.
OMG. This explains the other weird dream I had last night! I dreamed that my mouth was HUGE and that my teeth were just falling out and I couldn't stop it. Each tooth was the size of my hand. So weird. (I'm really hurt this is actually happening to someone. I'll totally chip in on the implant!)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.