Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what model excel engines will fit into my 93 Scoupe. from what Iv seen the older models have the same engine so Im assuming the mounts will all be the same, Will the excel engine bolt straight to my gearbox or am I better swapping the gearbox aswell. If I have to swap the box will every thing else up the front need to be swapped to excel parts?? I dont see how things could be much different but I dont want to start the job to find out parts wont match up. Im only looking at doing the swap as it will be cheaper than getting my engine recon'd.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
A quick check to car-part.com indicates NO, they don't list Excel motors as a swap. It could be wrong, but that's what it says. You'll need the engine model numbers to really find out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
if you have G4EK (Alpha Engine) then there is no other engine which will fit...the Excel engine has no mountings on the right side they are on the gearbox...and the crankschaftsensor is in the block not at gearbox...but if you use Excel gearbox then you can build new engine mountings then it will fit...but not 1:1 swap!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts