Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the 10 year, 100,000 extended warranty when I bought my 2006 Sonata.
Now that I am at 78,000, it kicks in.
But what does it cover?

·
Banned
12 Posts
Wait, you were just given bad advice above. You bought a separate extended service contract. First you need to know what VSC company issued you the contact. It will be listed on your Sales Order. It could have been the official Hyundai HPP which doesn't seem to exist anymore. :whistling: Even when you go to the HMA site, the HPP link has been removed. There is a company called "Official Hyundai Warranty Company" that links to Hyundai, however they do not list any contact information, and they sell Contracts for all other makes as well. It all leads back to Delray Hyundai of Florida, Fidelity Warranty, and Jim Moran and Associates. Its almost a shell game now as Hyundai outsourced their Warranty Sales and service operations a few years back

·
Registered
160 Posts
QUOTE (Buddy Hitler @ Jul 26 2010, 10:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345058
Wait, you were just given bad advice above. You bought a separate extended service contract. First you need to know what VSC company issued you the contact. It will be listed on your Sales Order. It could have been the official Hyundai HPP which doesn't seem to exist anymore. :whistling: Even when you go to the HMA site, the HPP link has been removed. There is a company called "Official Hyundai Warranty Company" that links to Hyundai, however they do not list any contact information, and they sell Contracts for all other makes as well. It all leads back to Delray Hyundai of Florida, Fidelity Warranty, and Jim Moran and Associates. Its almost a shell game now as Hyundai outsourced their Warranty Sales and service operations a few years back

Hes right, mine just turns powertrain to 100k, plus bumper to bumper 100k

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
The policy is a Hyundai policy, so as long as Hyundai is in business, and since this is a contract between whoever bought it -- and hyundai, it is a good policy to rely on.

BTW, it would make a few here a bit happier if the name HITLER is not used here to identify posters..... We like to keep things nice and clean and in GOOD TASTE here.

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
...Just called my dealer (the one I service my car at, not the one who sold me the Sonata with the original, HPP extended warranty). They absolutely DO HONOR the policy. No problem.

One less worry, Suzanna. And others here too.....

BTW: I want to clarify the difference between the basic new vehicle Hyundai warranty and the HPP extended warranty....

To my understanding the PDF provided by jsinton is the BASIC NEW CAR WARRANTY POLICY, not the extended warranty policy.

If you read that PDF file, what's covered there under the 5 year / 60k miles ---- IS NOW COVERED FOR 10 YEAR / 100K MILES, IF YOU'VE PURCHASED THE HPP EXTENDED WARRANTY.

So, while the powertrain is still covered for 10/100,000, the extended warranty is covering also the OTHER items which Hyundai originally warranties for 5 year/60k miles ---- extending it to 10 years and 100,000 miles.

Unless I'm wrong?.....

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts