Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
I was gonna same the same too shinny. Then again I blacked out all chrome on my car. Not a chrome fan on newer modern cars. Maybe on something from good old day back in the 60's or 70's but not on todays cars.

But hey if you like them thats what counts.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the second one:

17 x8
Offset: +45mm
Hollander #: 74237
No. Of Bolts: 5
Bolt Pattern: 5x4.5

This is the third one:

Finish Hyper Black
Rear Size 17X8.0
Offset ET +45
Bolt Pattern 5x114.3
Hub Bore 79.5

Give me your thoughts!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are more:
5th:

Size: 17x7.5
Offset: 50mm
Backspacing: 6.18"
Bolt Pattern: 5-114

6th:

Size: 17x7.5
Offset: 50mm
Backspacing: 6.18"
Bolt Pattern: 5-114
Rec. Tire Size: 215/45-17
Weight: 20.0lbs.
Finish: Hyper Silver

7th:

17X7 5-114.3 48GMF

·
Registered
911 Posts
Now you're talking. An Excellent wheel. Can't go wrong with Enkei or OZ Racing.

Very close to stock specs 17x7 +52 offset 67.1 hub. It will stick out 2mm/.08" more than the OEM 17" wheel and tire.

·
22,793 Posts
I was gonna same the same too shinny. Then again I blacked out all chrome on my car. Not a chrome fan on newer modern cars. Maybe on something from good old day back in the 60's or 70's but not on todays cars.

But hey if you like them thats what counts.
Careful, now...don't go picking on us "60's holdovers." Old habits die hard. LOL In 40 more years, some of you guys are gonna be Plasti-dipping your rims while your 16 year old grandson's are gonna be going, "Eww..., grandpa...that's nasty!" :grin:

Too much Chrome for me. On a Cadillac yes but I'm having a hard time liking it on an Elantra IMHO.
LOL That rim would make anything look better, even the wife! ;)

Yah, too much chrome for me. I bet Rich is going to love them. To each his own.
You win the bet, Viper! I'm salivating like Pavlov's dog over those things. I like bright, shiny things. Soon as I can get all of my hair to fall out, I'll wax the dome with AutoGlym...after I claybar it to get the decades of fallout off the surface.

·
22,793 Posts
kevinvu said:
[/IMG]

WIDTH: 17x7
BOLT PATTERN:5X114
OFFSET:45mm
They're perfect, Kevinvu! Size, pattern, and offset. With the right color backdrop, those things will stick out like a diamond in a goat's butt! Got a part number and source? I feel my wallet starting to quiver... :)

They would look great on my wife's graphite gray Tucson!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just a thought but how about taking that Chrome down to your favorite powder coating shop and have them changed just a bit to black Chrome? Black Chrome using Chrome as a base instead of a reflective powder coat under the black Chrome, now that is just dead hot.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes to the 3rd.

No to everything else. IMHO.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is the look of the 3rd one on white car(18x8.5 ET45 with a 225/40/18 up front and the 18x9.5 ET50 with a 255/35/18 in the rear)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On silver:

On white:

On black again:

Black on white:

Black on blue:

Silver on black:

Back to white again:

Time for GM:

and one of my favorite it is White:

That's it. Tell me your thoughts or share some photos and share off your wheels. LOL!

·
22,793 Posts
Just a thought but how about taking that Chrome down to your favorite powder coating shop and have them changed just a bit to black Chrome? Black Chrome using Chrome as a base instead of a reflective powder coat under the black Chrome, now that is just dead hot.
I'm gonna have to look that up for pics to get an idea. Never thought about black chrome.

·
Registered
389 Posts
What about that same style in matte bronze? Not too in your face but a subtle yet drastic color. I think I just contradicted myself ha!

Anyway, this is my personal choice #2 for my car. Not telling yall my #1 to keep things unique hehe!

·
Registered
62 Posts
A little Black Chrome for you.

I'm gonna have to look that up for pics to get an idea. Never thought about black chrome.
Okie Dokie Rich, here are a few for you to peruse. I was thinking of doing this to my stock 5 spokes but don't have the coin just now. Media blast followed by Electroplating and then the translucent Black Chrome application. Unfortunately I'll probably never get it done but it was a nice dream on Lil Bits Red and Flat Black color scheme.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts